what a weekend I've had. On Friday I had Wolves & Wolves & Wolves & Wolves as on air guests. (Also got to see them live later.) On Saturday I was on a legit 90s rave party (including a special appearance by Marusha) and later on a techno party (including Jan Blomqvist). And on Sunday I had time to sleep. So it's all good.
Last week in covers:
Noteworthy:- The Naked And Famous : New album alert. It might not have the biggest track list, but about 80% sounds really lovely to me. So yeah, check that one out.
- The Computers : Still not finished getting a picture of their latest album "Birth/Death".
- Kate Tempest : New album alert. "Let Them Eat Chaos" will certainly please fans. I'm still getting to know all the new songs.
- Sheryl Crow : Flashback times. Oh, how I love her "Wildflower" album. It's almost too sad that I did take my time getting to know it. So I couldn't really support it, when it was new.
- Ove : New album alert. "Ich will mir nicht so sicher sein" sounds better than I expected. I hope to have another listening session before an acoustic concert on Sunday.
- Jan Blomqvist : Concert context. I was lucky to get an interview with the artist as he was playing in town on the weekend. A very nice person. And use your chance to see him live.
Most played artists:
- Solange : New album alert. Actually, I wasn't thrilled to dive into new tunes by Solange. But when I read very positive reviews of "A Seat At The Table", I got curious. And yes, this is very fine R'n'B, that's become rare these days. Here you have an artist who's in it for the art. Tow or three songs are even catchy. ^^
- Two Door Cinema Club : New album alert. Tbh you probably have heard the best of "Gameshow" already - refering to the pre-singles. The rest of the album is just nice indie stuff.
- The Sigourney Weavers : Promotion context. I was lucky to get a sneak at "Noir", the second album. And I think, it's very solid overall.
Most played tracks:
- Roy English - Worldstop : At first I wasn't sure about this song, but it quickly grew on me. I just wish the ending would be more epic and not so (radio-friendly) short. This one definitely deserves an extended version. (But who on earth is this artist?)
News?
█ There are 9 new entries in the German album top 10. The only remaining albums comes from BONEZ MC & RAF Camora. :P█ Have you seen the new Weeknd video? "False Alarm" is very violent, but also well produced.
New in the German charts:
[08] The Weeknd - Starboy (feat. Daft Punk) : Finally! It was about time that this artist receives some success here. :P[10] BONEZ MC & RAF Camora : Ohne mein Team (feat. Maxwell) : Tbh I can't remember this song. But yay to the artists (kicking some mainstream butts).



Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen