once again I'm late. I blame it on a workshop I've managed yesterday.
Last week in covers:
Noteworthy:- Madonna : Fan times. I was rushing through a bunch of new songs... I chose "Love Spent" for a playlist.
- Enigma : Flashback times. Everybody should know "Carly's Song", because it's so genious.
- Youssou N'Dour : Research context. There is actually just a single song, which comes to my mind, whenever I see that artist's name. "7 Seconds" (featuring Neneh Cherry), which is timeless and epic. And I was looking for a song that is slightly related to human rights. I found it on a list by Amnesty International.
Most played artists:
- The Sigourney Weavers : Concert context. (And interview context.) Tbh it never came to my mind to compare this band with The Killers. But after I've read it in a review, I can't stop thinking about it. Anyway... this band is awesome. If you have the chance to see them live, go for it.
- Roosevelt : Fan times. You cannot imagine how often I listen to his songs these days. :P
- The Lonely Island : Reseach context. I was thinking of playing a song by them on the radio. But most songs I really like are quite explicit. So I skipped that.
Most played tracks:
(nothing to highlight here again)News?
█ The nominations for the 2017 Grammy Awards were announced last week. Tbh when I read Beyoncé, Kanye West, Drake and Rihanna... I'm thinking of how much I don't care about these awards anymore.█ Madonna received the recognition as Billboard's Woman of the year. Congratz... although it's a bit hard for me to understand such an honor.
█ The 23rd studio album by The Rolling Stones went straight to number 1 in the German album charts. Also reviews of "Blue & Lonesome" seem to be very positive.
New in the German charts:
[07] 257ers - Holz : In their 22th week they (re?)entered the top ten. Congratz. I'm happy for them.[08] Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence : Another re-entry, or is it? Hmkay.
[09] Max Giesinger - Wenn sie tanzt : Hm, didn't this song also appear here some weeks ago? Anyway, it's not my cup of tea. But there are certainly worse songs. :P
[14] Wham! - Last Christmas : You have to give credit to musicians (or producers) who were able to contribute a song that's this popular each year. And tbh I'm one of those guys who still don't mind listening to the song (in the original version) from time to time.



Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen