Dienstag, 6. Juni 2017

Herzbeben (#478)

Hi,

due to holiday business I'm a bit late this week.

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • Bleachers : New album alert. "Gone Now" feels like a letdown. There are no songs as catchy as "Rollercoaster" or "Like A River Runs" on it. :(
  • Subsonic Eye : New album alert. "Strawberry Feels" (what a title) features nice alternative songs, but unfortunately no highlight.
  • Vita Bergen : New album alert. "Retriever" is short, but good.
  • Roosevelt : Fan times. The artist is still busy touring... but I'd love to have a new EP or something like that. :)
  • Roger Neill : Soundtrack context. At first, go see "20th Century Women". Second, that dreamy tune in the film isn't an Oldie or something familiar... it's by the score composer. :)
  • Blondie : Fan times. I can easily say that I've never enjoyed a Blondie album like "Pollinator".

Most played artists:

  • Cigarettes After Sex : Promotion context. During the first listening session I've had a feeling this could be good. As far as I can tell now, the self-titled album should make many people happy. :)
  • !!! : New album alert. Yes, there is a lot of funk and dance on "Shake The Shudder". But tbh it did not keep me investing much attention after the first half.
  • Land Of Talk : New album alert. Another alternative record, that caught my attention just out of curiosity, because I didn't know the band. "Life After Youth" sounds good - and it reminds me of Heather Nova.

Most played tracks:

  • Cigarettes After Sex - Each Time You Fall In Love : Oooh, was a song. I recommend it to anyone. And if you like it, be sure to check out the album.

News?

█ Liam Gallagher is back - now as a solo artist. "Wall Of Glass" starts the hype for his upcoming album "As You Were" (scheduled for an October release). The music video is full of rotating cameras, glass and mirrors. The song reminds me of Oasis... in a good way. He still has a decent voice.
█ Ohhh, Marteria didn't make it to the top of the German album charts. Instead Helene is back again.

New in the German charts:

[08] Helene Fischer - Herzbeben : Ha! I knew it. After lots of promotion gigs (like a football finale and a casting show finale) this track was ready for additional audiences, that might have not already known the hookline. And tbh this song did also grow on me a bit.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen