Montag, 24. Juli 2017

Warriors (#485)

Hi,

oh, what a week it was. I had the chance to be the DJ at a 90s themed party. And also I saw Céline Dion live in Berlin. :) So this might excuse the slight lateness of this entry.

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • Taylor Swift : I got a bit hooked on her song "New Romantics".
  • Mere Women : Honestly I can't really remember that scrobble. Anyway... I'm sure it was connected to their latest release "Big Skies".
  • Elton John : Flashback alert. That 90s version of "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" is really catchy.
  • Jaymes Young : New album alert. I've just listened to the first tracks of "Feel Something"... nice tunes.

Most played artists:

  • Tigertown : New single alert. (see below) Never heard of them before, but after the "Papernote EP" I think I might turn into a fan. Good pop music.
  • Lana Del Rey : New album alert. So far I haven't heard much, but this'll change soon.
  • Alexandre Desplat : Cinema context. If you haven't already seen Luc Besson's new film "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets", do it. It's a beautiful film - with light entertainment.

Most played tracks:

  • Tigertown - Warriors : A very catchy song, that reminds me of The Naked And Famous. Go try it.

News?

█ RIP Chester Bennington. :( He killed himself. I'm sure, he had the chance to live a life others would dream of. And so you see - success and family isn't everything.
█ Wow. A sampler topps this week's German album charts. Do we really need more evidence that hip-hop is quite powerful when it comes to sales?

New in the German charts:

[05] Miami Yacine - Bon Voyage : WTF. A mediocre 2 minute auto-tune track!? Well, it's summer holiday season. So people might enjoy "la la la" songs more.
[06] 187 Straßenbande - Millionär : This one is part of a new successful sampler and it features the melody of The Cranberries' "Zombie" in the chorus. Apart from that I consider this as gangster rap.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen