Montag, 13. November 2017

Gamechanger (#501)

Hi,

another week with lots of new music has passed. Let's see the details.

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • The Weeknd : Fan times. Maybe I should try to attend a concert soon. :P
  • The War On Drugs : Fan times. Try "A Deeper Understanding"!
  • Beck : Chill times. I can really recommend "Morning Phase", because of its calm and harmonic tunes.
  • Like Moths To Flames : New album alert. Hm, I guess "Dark Divine" is not my cup of tea.
  • MRCH : New album alert. I've listened to a few tracks from "Reactions", but I wasn't impressed tbh.
  • Cut Copy : New album alert. As a fan of this band I'm a bit sad that I haven't managed to check out their album "Haiku From Zero" earlier.

Most played artists:

  • The Sound Of Arrows : New album alert. Unfortunately "Stay Free" fails to capture the dreamy escapism like "Voyage" did.
  • Dillon : New album alert. "Kind" sounds so artsy, I had to think of Björk for a moment. But I had a hard time standing her voice tbh. :/
  • Monsters Of Liedermaching : New album alert. "Für Alle" may have nice lyrics, but somehow I can't handle the acoustic sound for long.

Most played tracks:

[nothing to highlight here]

News?

█ So Eminem dropped a new single. "Walk On Water" features Beyoncé but not a single beat. I think it's underwhelming.
█ The 2017 MTV Europe Music Awards. Best Rock = Coldplay. Best Hip-Hop = Eminem. That's all you need to know. about the dubitable wins. But hey, 4 (of 5) awards for Shawn Mendes and not a single one for Taylor Swift. And although they had a top-notch stage, almost every performance felt disappointing.

New in the German charts:

[06] Kollegah & Farid Band - Gamechanger : Oy, another "gangster rap" song that gets lots of attention. Is it because of skills or explicit lyrics? Or maybe just the beats? Idk. Please explain.
[09] Capo - Mon Chéri (feat. Nimo) : Seems like autotune induced trap pop or whatever you may call it is the shit these days. I certainly could do without...


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen