another week on time... and this time with lots of news. So keep reading. :)
Last week in covers:
- Django Django : New album alert. "Marble Skies" sounds good, but I am not overwhelmed.
- Roosevelt : Fan times.
- Troye Sivan : Fan times. I can't wait for new tunes.
- Bear's Den : Fan times.
- Saint Motel : Fan times. (Sometimes I regret not going to their Hamburg gig, but my schedule just was so packed back then.)
Most played artists:
- London Grammar : Fan times. I actually dreamed about meeting this band. (Not kidding.) I'm totally happy with their second album "Truth Is A Beautiful Thing".
- Tocotronic : New album alert. "Die Unendlichkeit" got a bunch of very good reviews. And after listening to it I can understand that. It made me consider going to a concert, but I would have to travel for that.
- Dua Lipa : Hype alert. Wow, why did I wait so long to get into this music.
- The Blaze : Fan times. I hope there'll be an album soon. Or another EP. :)
Most played tracks:
- Dua Lipa - Be The One : It's a bit hard to explain, but this song is so catchy.
- Sofi Tukker - Best Friend (feat. NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno) : Oh, what a tune! That bass line is so great.
News?
█ So that haunting theme song for the upcoming third "Fifty Shades" film has an official video now. "For You" by Rita Ora and Liam Payne has a few elements that I would have put in a video, too. Like the slow motion and the levitation moments. But the downside is the chemistry of the two singers - not that convincing. It actually made me think how easy it would be to exchange one of them.█ Hm, so there is this new James Blake single, which has gotten a bit buzz lately. "If The Car Besides You Moves Ahead" has a hypnotizing video, that is nice to watch. Be the melody seems very odd for my taste.
█ Guess who's back with new music? George Ezra. His new single "Paradise" is catchy and the video looks fun. So consider me interested in his upcoming album "Staying At Tamara's".
█ Guess who's back, too? Tracy Thorn. The singer of Everything But The Girl has released a new single+video. "Queen" seems very simple and her voice feels a bit weaker than in the past. But it makes me curious about her upcoming album "Record", which is scheduled for an early March release.
█ So the very busy Justin Timberlake released another music video. This time it seems very down to earth and it features Chris Stapleton. "Say Something" might have been shot as a live recording in one take, and if that's the case, then the production team should be praised. It has a quite magical style - how a simple scenery can build such a beautiful sound.
█ In case you missed it, Mike Singer's second album "Deja Vu" dropped - and it is now the number one in the German album charts. I can only feel sad about this fact. Congrats to the producers and the promotion team.
█ The 60th Annual Grammy Awards recently took place in New York City. You might have heard that I stopped giving a damn about winners, although I like to see preferred artists win. And boy, was I right with this attitude. I mean, can somebody please explain to me how it seems like the highly acclaimed nominees lost to Bruno Mars of all artists? Even though I like Bruno Mars, I have to admit that I do not agree with the jury this time, because of the very good competition. Hightlights included performances by Childish Gambino, P!nk and U2.



Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen