oh, what times do we live in? I'm trying not to think about it too much... and I'm still on my way to discover new things, which won't necessarily be part of the charts.
Last week in covers:
- Confidence Man : New album alert. I really like "Confident Music For Confident People", because it features so many nice tunes.
- Sofi Tukker : New album alert. "Treehouse" collects 10 lovely songs, that could all have been singles. And most of the tracks feel fresh and... kinky. :P
- Ufo361 : New album alert. The parts of "808", I was listening to, did not leave me optimistic about his kind of music.
- The Black Seeds : Tbh I'm not sure, if the album "Fabric" can still be called new - but I am sure, that I won't revisit it anytime soon. :/
- Saint Etienne : I've listented to the "Dive - EP"... yep.
Most played artists:
- Mashrou' Leila : Discovery context. "Ibn Ek Leil" sounds strong - although I could not understand anything.
- Manic Street Preachers : New album alert. "Resistance Is Futile" should not disappoint fans. Even I found some nice tracks on it.
- Cristobal And The Sea : Discovery context. Judging from a nice song and a crazy album cover artwork I had quite high expactations for "Exitoca". But they weren't met. :/
Most played tracks:
- Nicki Minaj - Barbie Tingz : What a banger. I may not be an expert on rhyme quality and stuff, but this track took me by surprise. And I really like it.
- Florence + The Machine : New single alert. "Sky Full Of Song" marks the first glimpse of the upcoming 4th studio album, which is to be released in a few months. Tbh I'm a bit disappointed, because of its mellow structure. But then again... it's not like I'm happy with all songs by Florence.
(Yeah, you could call me a critic again...)
News?
█ Janelle Monáe was joined by Grimes for a new song called "Pynk". And what a provoking music video! I guess she is pushing boundaries there.█ Cardi B seems to have a lot promotion dates these days. Not only did she co-host a late night show with Jimmy Fallon, but she also had a nice web session with GQ.
█ Diplo released a video for "Color Blind" featuring Lil Xan, which suits the song very well. Just like the song the video seems simple at first, but comes off as quite effective.
█ I'm quite impressed to see Thirty Seconds To Mars at the top of the German album charts, because no pre-single could convince me. And Kylie's "Golden" made it to number 3.
New in the German charts:
[01] Capital Bra - 5 Songs in einer Nacht : Oh no. Just no. I can't stand it. Thanks to our young generation, who likes such kind of gangster rap.[04] Katja Krasavice - Dicke Lippen : You know, there's a group in Germany, which likes to predict the end times of our culture - because of immigration. Now please have a listen to this "culture". (Oh no².)
[06] Sun Diego - Eloah : Oh no, no3. A third hit song, I could happily live without. Where do those artists come from. I've never heard of Sun Diego, and I hope I won't anytime soon. (Although the instrumentals are nice.)
[09] Luis Fonsi & Demi Lovato - Échame La Culpa : Consider me devastated after 4 songs like this. Demi might have sung "I don't wanna fight anymore"... but I'm thinking about "don't wanna live anymore", if charts continue to attract such crappy music. (And now I'm hiding in my cave again.)



Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen