Montag, 28. Mai 2018

Fake Love (#529)

Hi,

last week I was able to listen to lots of new music - and that makes me happy. :)

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • Snow Patrol : New album alert. I'm not their biggest fan, but I was curious of what "Wildness" would contain. I think it sounds okay, but I'm still not a fan.
  • James Yuill : Concert context. In preparation for an interview I've got to know "A Change In State", which is a solid alternative pop record.
  • Kayef : Haunting tune context. (see below)
  • Dominique Fils-Aimé : Recommendation context. Hm, tbh I'm not really convinced by her album "Nameless" yet, though she has a nice voice.

Most played artists:

  • BTS : New album alert. Tbh I like about 3 or 4 songs of "Love Yourself 轉 'Tear'". That's all. So no fan times for me... yet. Expect "Fake Love" to pop up here from time to time. :D
  • Post Malone : New album alert. I didn't expect "Beerbongs & Bentleys" to sound this impressive. There are some nice tracks on it.
  • Xavier Rudd : New album alert. "Storm Boy" starts strong, but it can't hold the vibe for the entire run. Anyway, nice effort.
  • Shawn Mendes : New album alert. The third self-titled album has been released and my twitter feed went crazy. I on the other side did not find much to like on it.
  • CHVRCHES :  New album alert. "Love Is Dead" should please all fans, because it delivers the kind of sound you would expect from this band. So yeah, I'm satisfied.

Most played tracks:

  • Kayef - Allein : Uhm, well, I can't help it, if a tune sounds as catchy as that one. :P

News?

█ John Mayer once again showed the world that he doesn't take things too seriously. His latest music video for "New Light" proves that.
█ Good Charlotte's comeback single "Actual Pain" sounds exactly like the title suggests... sorry :P
█ Speaking of comebacks that hurt... J-Lo's cash flow track with feature guests DJ Khaled and Cardi B has now a video - shot by Joseph Kahn. So you know, there's no way it won't look glossy with a few CGI enhanced visuals. Blah blah.
█ I just noticed the latest single by Jesse McCartney. "Better With You" comes with a lovely music video, that doesn't seem so cheesy as I feared. It's a quite good tune.
█ You'll never guess what's topping the German album charts right now. It's "And Justice For None" by Five Finger Death Punch. At least, I'm very surprised. Kontra K's "Erde & Knochen" is still going strong at number 3.

New in the German charts:

[01] Pietro Lombardi - Phänomenal : Oh no! No, I will just ignore that.
[06] Gzuz - Über Nacht (feat. Bonez MC, Maxwell & Ufo361) : Meh, just another ordinary song about wealth. Yeah, yeah, brag about it, as long as you can. But who would want to listen to it? :(



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen