Mittwoch, 24. April 2019

Old Town Road (#576)

Hi,

sorry for the big delay this week. :(

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • MISSO : New album alert. "The Darker The Weather // The Better The Man" sounds okay, but I have the feeling it could have been better.
  • Tua : New album alert. I finally made it through his self-titled album. I think it's strong, but so far I wouldn't call it a highlight of 2019.
  • Sam Fender : I really felt the need to revisit his "Dead Boys" EP and it still sounds great.
  • HONNE : Fan times. 
  • Kevin Abstract : He released a new EP called "Ghettobaby". Tbh it hasn't really convinced me so far.

Most played artists:

  • BTS : Fan times.
  • Roosevelt : Fan times.
  • 257ers : Promotion context. I had the chance to listen to "ALPAKA" before its release in May. The album has its ups and downs, but I expected worse.  

Most played tracks:

  • BTS - Boy With Luv (feat. Halsey) : Yes, I guess that one really got stuck in my head. (Blame it on the catchy tune.)

News?

█ Madonna released her first single in years. And it marks the preparation of the promotion phase for her upcoming (15th) studio album "Madame X". In a few days the music video for "Meddelin" will be released - including its feature guest Matuma. And they will perform the song at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards on May 1.
█ BTS reached number three in the German album charts! Capital Bra, who had to release the digital version of his new album "CB6" two weeks early because of a leak, only made it to number five. And at the top of the German album charts... is Mike Singer's "Trip". :-(

New in the German charts:

[01] Rammstein - Deutschland : Welcome back.
[02] Capital Bra - Rolex (feat. Summer Cem & KC Rebell) : No, thanks.
[04] Lil Nas X - Old Town Road : WTH!? Where does this hip-hop newbie come from? And how could a short simple song like this become such a massive hit in several major territories? Idk.
[06] Kontra K - Blei (feat. Veysel) : Though the chorus is catchy, I'm still worried about the content of Kontra K's new music. It kind of changed for the worse.
[07] Capital Bra - Bye Bye (feat. Nimo) : Sorry, I've taken my time to make it through his album, but I don't need to write about it that much.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen