Montag, 20. Mai 2019

Future (#580)

Hi,

once more on time.
Last week had me travelling to concerts in Berlin and Hamburg. And it was worth it.

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • Palace Winter : Fan times.
  • HGich.T : Fan times. If people are wondering, whether I really like their music: yes, I do.
  • ONE OK ROCK : Fan times. Plus concert context. Oh what an amazing experience their show was! Great great live band.
  • BTS : Fan times.
  • Maluma : New album alert. Those bits of "11:11", that I've heard, were okay. And yes, his album also has a Madonna feature.
  • Kevin Abstract : Usually I could label it "fan times", too. But I still haven't checked out his new album "ARIZONA BABY". (Sorry)

Most played artists:

  • Bear's Den : Fan times.
  • The National : New album alert. I'm no expert, when it comes to their music, but "I Am Easy To Find" sounds nice.
  • Anteros : Concert context. They were supporting ONE OK ROCK in Berlin and they are also very good playing live. So had to check out "When We Land" once more.

Most played tracks:

  • Bear's Den - Breaker / Keeper : This ballad is so bittersweet. I wouldn't want to miss this band in my music library.

News?

█ The European Song Contest took place in Israel. A depressing ballad from the Netherlands won. Madonna made an appearance to promote another new track called "Future", which is a duet with Quavo (of Migos). Like it was predicted her performance has met criticism about her vocal strength and some political details.
█ BTS made a special appearance at the Late Show with Stephen Colbert and the setting was a reference to the first American TV performance by the Beatles (more than 50 years ago).
█ The most successful new entries in the German album charts are "Endlos Liebe" by Calimeros (at #1) and Whitesnake's new album "Flesh & Blood" (at #3). Oh, and there is a new Alexa Feser album!? (Imagine me being shocked about not knowing this earlier.)

New in the German charts:

[02] Shindy - Nautilus : Hm, if there wasn't this ironic ending. Anyway... the song samples quite a few bits from the past, but it's the same old brag about success.
[03] Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care : Well, I guess both artists still have their fans. And thus chart positions like this seem obvious. But I'm not sure, what to think of their duet.
[06] LX & Maxwell feat. Gzuz & Gallo Nero - Perdono : Hm, no, thanks. Seems like I've heard tracks like this before.
[09] Samra & Capital Bra feat. Brudi030, Kalazh44 - Ghetto : What a feature overkill. Can we call it maximum profit strategy? But I have to give credit to the producers for some nice instrumentals and there is also a serious tone in the chorus.
(On a site note: I bet, that their next pre-single "Wieder Lila" will be more successful.)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen