Montag, 31. August 2020

Yesterday (#647)

Hi,

this time on time - and featuring many new albums.

Last week in covers:


Noteworthy:
  • Lissie : Fan times. I was sorting shirts while listening to "Back To Forever".
  • The Killers : New album context. "Imploding The Mirage" surprised me with quite a few good tracks. I guess I should thank the producers and guest musicians for that.
  • Alex The Astronaut : New album context. My expectations for "The Theory Of Absolutely Nothing" were not met, so I can easily skip those songs now.
  • Cut Copy : New album context. "Freeze, Melt" has too many downtempo songs, if you ask me. I was hoping for a catchy bop instead. :-/
  • Lady Gaga : Fan times plus workout context.

Most played artists:

  • Katy Perry : New album context. "Smile" was released with a bunch of clips - The Smile Video Series. The new tracks fit quite well together, so that "Smile" turns out to be a good pop record.
  • Sea Girls : New album context. Tbh I was very disappointed "Open Up Your Head"
  • Crack Ignaz : New album context. "Sturm und Drang"
  • Giant Rooks : New album context. And fan times, of course. "ROOKERY" 

Most played tracks:

  • Axel Vindenes - Yesterday : When I first heard this bop, I was pretty sure to repeat it quite some time. 
  • NOISY - Put A Record On : I can't remember having listened to this band/artist before, but this track is a banger - with a nice message.

News?

█ The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) took place a couple of hours ago - in a very special time. No real live audience but still elaborate performances by big acts. One highlight was Lady Gaga - not only delivering a great Chromatica medley (featuring Ariana Grande), but also winning the (first?) Tricon Award. (What is a tricon?) And also The Weeknd made an impressive show at the top of a skyscraper. BTS also sang and danced - and they've won several awards.
█ Calvin Harris released another collaboration single - with The Weeknd. "Over Now" sound less uptempo than expected - and it comes with a trippy CGI video.
█ The Austrian alternative band FLUT returned with a new single. "Zur Zeit" marks a big change in style - and to tbh I liked their previous songs better.
█ Stray Kids announced a re-package version of their first album. I guess, it will be called "IN Live" - to be released on September 14. Also a short clip for "Ani" seems to refer to a new track.
█ The German album charts are ruled by AK Ausserkontrolle ("A.S.S.N. 2"), followed by Tocotronic ("Sag alles ab - The Best of 1994-2020").

New in the German charts:

[01] Capital Bra & Cro - Frühstück in Paris : No. Just no. (I'm sad.) -.-
[02] Bausa & Juju - 2012 : Hm, I can't tell, why I'm having a problem with Bausa's music. But tbh this track is well-produced.
[02] Die Ärzte - Morgens pauken : Wow. Who would have thought, that this legendary band could still release such a relevant song. Yay! :)
[07] Jamule & Chilla - 13 : How ironic to have another duet that deals with memories. But this one's okay, too. ^^
[08] BTS - Dynamite : Welcome among the top ten, BTS. (Good job, ARMY.) :)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen