Montag, 9. August 2021

Truth (#695)

Ahoy,

well, another Music Monday... now in August.


My last week in covers:

Most played artists:

  • Pop Smoke : New album context. "Faith" is so not my cup of tea - except maybe the song "Demeanor" (feat. Dua Lipa).
  • DMA'S : Fan times. I was revisiting their second album "For Now" from 2018.
  • Tom Odell : New album context. "monsters" got a quite positive review, which made me check out the album. But tbh I did not like most of it - I would say, that his music reminds of Adele.
  • KSI : Hype and new album context. "All Over The Place" comes with an odd mix of pop and hip-hop tunes - and a big bunch of feature guests. My favorite track is "Patience" (feat. YUNGBLUD and Polo G).

Most played tracks:

  • Jungle - Truth : I can really count on this band, when it comes to great tunes. And here it took just two spins to get me hooked. I'm sort of hyped for the upcoming album now. :) 
  • DMA'S - Cobracaine : This bop is still dear to me. You can find it on the album "THE GLOW".

Noteworthy:

  • DATA LUV : New album context. He is one of those artist, I can't listen to for several tracks. So getting to know "Stars" wasn't easy.
  • Gold Fields : Workout context. Tbh I would have to listen to "Black Sun" once more, to give you some kind of thought about it.
  • Chet Faker : New album context. I can't tell, if fans can be satisfied with "Hotel Surrender", but I've already forgotten half of it.
  • Leon Bridges : New album context. I had high hopes for "Gold-Diggers Sound", but it left me quite unimpressed.
  • Wavves : New album context. "Hideaway"

Scrobble count:  176.723

 

News

█ Katja Krasavice has started promoting her third album "Pussy Power" - six months in advance! Her music video for the pre-single "Intro" looks very expensive - and the track seems quite deep.

 

New entries

Album charts (Germany)

[01] Farid Banf - Asozialer Marokkaner : Hmkay.

[02] Querbeat - Radikal positiv : Who?

[03] Paul McCartney - McCartney III : I suppose, this new peak came due to a re-release.

[05] Kasimir1441 - Eya : Okay.

[06] Jasmin Wagner - Von Herzen : Look who's back.

[02] Lindemann - Live in Moscow : Okay.

[10] GReeeN x Patwah - Hybrid : Okay.

Single charts (Germany)

[01] RAF Camora - Blaues Licht (feat. Bonez MC) : Oh no! Not that "I'm Blue" sample. :(

[10] Loredana x Mozzik - Nese don : No, thanks.

Albums Chart Top 100 (UK)

[01] Dave - We're All Alone In This Together : No surprise for me.

[02] Anne-Marie - Therapy : Okay.

[06] The Kid LAROI - F**k Love : Re-release context.

[07] Amy Winehouse - Back To Black : This re-entry made a big jump in its 432th week.

Singles Chart Top 100 (UK)

[04] Dave - Verdansk : Wow. A second track in the top ten - thanks to an album release.

[06] Dave - In The Fire : Wow². 

Billboard 200 (USA) - week of August 7

[01] The Kid LAROI - F*ck Love : Wow. Congratulations. A new peak in its 53rd week.

[07] EST Gee - Bigger Than Life Or Death : Okay. (Who?)

Billboard Hot 100 (USA) - week of August 7

[02] Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow - INDUSTRY BABY : Wow. BTS was stronger this week.



Cheerio!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen