Montag, 1. November 2021

Moth To A Flame (#707)

Ahoy,

sooic Monday" is now...


My last week in covers:

Most played artists:

  • Lana Del Rey : New album context. "Blue Banisters" felt like a huge disappointment to me. I don't like her folk sounds.
  • Kacey Musgraves : I'm still getting to know her latest album "star-crossed".
  • Purple Disco Machine : New album context. "Exotica" comes with lots of dance tracks and most of them sound quite nice. "Dopamine" and "Playbox" are my highlights.

Most played tracks:

  • Swedish House Mafia & The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame : Ooh, what a nice collaboration. I don't know much about SHM's discography, but the song fits perfectly to the music style of The Weeknd. And the dreamy music video also elevates the track.

Noteworthy:

  • Face To Face : New album context. Tbh I've already forgotten most of "No Way Out But Through".
  • Labrinth : Workout context. Does anyone remember this artist? I was listening to his album "Electronic Earth", which aged quite well.
  • Isolation Berlin : New album context. I had a quite hard time listening to "Geheimnis" - especially the final track reminded me of certain vocal aspects, which I don't like when listening to Billie Eilish.
  • Go Go Berlin : New album context. "Expectations" turned out to be such a welcome surprise when it comes to indie pop sounds.
  • ENHYPEN : New album context. "DIMENSION : DILEMMA" delivers the kind of music, I would expect from a modern K-Pop debut album.
  • Sly Alone : New album and promotion context. I've never heard of this artist before. "Gesegnet" did not seem so original to me. The track "Pendel" sounds nice, though.

Scrobble count:  178.068

 

News

█ Adele will have two concerts in London's Hyde Park in 2022. The pre-sale via her official homepage has begun - and might have caused some crashing systems. Her comeback video for "Easy On Me" has already 130 million views on YouTube.

█ Imagine Dragons teamed-up with J.I.D and the team of the series Arcane League of Legends for the song "Enemy", that comes with a colorful music video full of gaming GCI.

 

New entries

Album charts (Germany)

[01] Helene Fischer - Rausch : It was obvious, wasn't it?

[02] Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres : Also this success seemed quite obvious to me.

[03] The Beatles - Let It Be : A re-entry.

[04] Marteria - 5. DIMENSION : I just feel a little sorry for his choice of release date, because this could have turned out better.

[07] Santana - Blessings And Miracles : Okay.

[08] ENHYPEN - DIMENSION : DILEMMA : Wow. What a strong debut.

 

Single charts (Germany)

[01] Adele - Easy On Me : Well, who would have thought...

[04] Gzuz - Späti : 

[10] Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart : A new peak position in its 9th week.

 

Albums Chart Top 100 (UK)

[01] Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres : Who would have thought...

[02] The Beatles - Let It Be : A re-entry.

[04] Daniel O'Donnell - 60 : Who?

[05] Joy Crookes - Skin : Okay.

[08] Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - Sticky : Okay.

 

Singles Chart Top 100 (UK)

[01] Adele - Easy On Me : Yes, she is ruling again.

[05] Coldplay X BTS - My Universe : Back in the top ten again - in its 4th week.

 

Billboard 200 (USA) - week of October 30

[01] Yung Thug - Punk : Okay.

[03] Mac Miller - Faces : Okay.

[04] Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres : Okay.

[05] The Beatles - Let It Be : Yup, also here very successful.

 

Billboard Hot 100 (USA) - week of October 30

[01] Adele - Easy On Me : Hmkay. Am I the only one, who was hoping for a slight change of style with her comeback?



Cheerio!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen