I’m about to get back on track being a voluntary music editor these days. I even did quite a lot research about new releases last week. But what else?

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> MNEK : New EP alert. Tbh I was expecting more.
> Will Young : I’m still getting to know his new songs. And I will probable need more time to do so.
> Kylie Minogue : Flashback times. Did you ever hear “Put Yourself In My Place”? Or “Confide In Me”? Those were little pop gems.
> Madonna : Fan times. Of course, there hardly is a week when I’m not listening to M. And it’s so crazy that for 52 Songs blog project I think of her music first.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Maximilian Hecker : Not so new album alert. But anyway, it was new for me. And I can say, that it’s very helpful to get to sleep. ;)
> The Maccabees : New album alert. But I just got a glimpse of it.
> DMA’s : Ooh, what a discovery. “Laced” seems to become one of my favorite tracks of 2015. Very catchy.
Most played tracks:
> Bag It Up : Research context. It was Geri Halliwell’s birthday last week, so I took some time to look at her discography. And this one must be my favorite - even though or maybe because it sounds similar to “Who Do You Think You Are” by the Spice Girls.
> Back Together (feat. Nicki Minaj) : New single alert. Wow, how naughty can Robin Thicke’S music become next? Anyway, I can not deny that there is a little catchy factor. And a Nicki Minaj feature also counts as a plus for me.
News?
> Macklemore has released a new song - and you can get it for free on his official homepage. “Growing Up (Sloane’s Song)” features Ed Sheeran and it’s about his baby girl. His new album is about to come out within the next week. But no title was announced yet.
> The Weeknd showed us the tracklist of his upcoming album “Beauty Behind The Madness”. Among those 14 tracks you can expect collaborations with Labrinth, Ed Sheeran and Lana Del Rey. Yay, what? :)
> The Austrian hype band Wanda released the first single of their new album “Bussi”. And “Bussi Baby” is quite catchy.
> German artist Romano released another hip-hop tune from his upcoming album “Jenseits von Köpenick” - called “Klaps auf den Po”. And it comes with a funny video.
> Stanfour finally announced the relaese date of their 4th album “IIII” - it will be out at the end of August. :)
> Speaking of the end of August, Justin Bieber will drop a new single by then called “What Do You Mean?”. In other news he said that he has worked with Skrillex. Say what? oO
> The Silversun Pickups released their first single of an upcoming new album. “Better Nature” will be out in late September, and the new video “Nightlight” appears quite glossy - with a few creepy visuals, of course.
New in the German charts:
[01] Sugar (feat. Francesco Yates) : Well, what can I say. At least that new number one means some change. And the song is not that bad.
[06] Lieblingsmensch : Uhm, okay, this song seems nice and humble. I’d tag it with easy-listening.
[10] Drag Me Down : The first single as four member boy group - and it turned out to be quite catchy. But still… I’m a bit surprised about this amount of success over here.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen