Montag, 10. August 2015

Perfect Couples (#382)

Hi,
due to a small business trip to Berlin I wasn’t able to scrobble that much. But anyway...

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> The Script : Flashback times. Fun fact: There was a time when I thought only the self-titled debut album would be enjoyable. Well, these days I’m more into their second record “Science & Faith”.
> My Chemical Romance : Playlist research context. For a special broadcast programme I was looking for a MyChem song. I chose “Vampire Money”.
> Years & Years : (Still relatively) new album alert. A few songs are growing on me, but there hardly is a song as catchy as “King”.

Stats!

Most played artists:
> Will Young : New album alert. Hm, this is a tough one. I can’t decide whether I’m convinced by his new music or not. So far only “Promise Me” is my highlight from “85% Proof”.
> Stanfour : Flashback times. I created an intro based on one of the tracks from their very great album “Rise and Fall”.
> Belle and Sebastian : Hm, I revisited “Girls In Peacetime Want To Dance”. But I’m not sure, if 

Most played tracks:
> The Heart Shaped Sea : Playlist research context. I was looking for a quite melodramatic ballad to end a radio show. This is what I had in mind. Unfortunately the song got a bit stuck in my head.
> My Love : I was rushing through my library and came across this wonderful Sia song, that she provided for a Twilight soundtrack.
> Growing Old Is Getting Old : Flashback times. I remember walking through my home town with this song on my ears. It must have been winter I guess. Great track.

News?
> Does anyone remember the band Crazy Town? Well, guess what, they will release a new album called “The Brimstone Sluggers” later this month (after a 10 year gap).
> The new Belle and Sebastian video “Perfect Couples” could not possibly be more perfect. Go watch that epic retro scenery. :P 
> There is also a new Florence + The Machine video highlighting two songs from the new album - “Queen Of Peace" und "Long & Lost". But I haven’t seen it yet.

New in the German charts:
[05] So wie du bist (feat. Lary) : Hm, German rap with a cheesy pop chorus. I think in this case it works. Could be worse. :D

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen