Montag, 7. November 2016

Say You Won't Let Go (#448)

Hi,

due to some quite busy days, I did not listen to music that much. But things might change soon. Oh, and I'm a little late...

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • Lissie : After rediscovering songs from her "My Wild West" album, I'm currently revisiting her previous releases "Back To Forever" and "Catching A Tiger".
  • RÜFÜS : Flashback times. "Bloom" is definitely one of my favorite electronic music releases of this year.
  • The Slow Show : Hype context. If things work out fine, I should be able to attend one of there 4 gigs in Germany.
  • Coldplay : Flashback times. "A Head Full Of Dreams" begins quite nice, actually. But then the album loses me quite quickly.

Most played artists:

  • Naima Husseini : Concert context. The artist was supposed to headline a show here. So I went through her album "Immer alles". But then the gig got canceled.
  • Alicia Keys : New album alert. "HERE" starts promising.
  • Bear's Den : Live event context. Last Friday they had a live stream from her Manchester gig (via Facebook). And the bits I got to see where amazing. The opening alone - featuring the Terminator theme.

Most played tracks:

(nothing to highlight here)

News?

█ It seems that MTV has lost its karma regarding entertaining live award shows. The latest chapter - the 2016 MTV Europe Music Awards - were pretty boring, at times almost awful, despite a high-end stage. My personal highlight was The Weeknd's performance and also Zara Larsson a bit. Btw Justin Bieber is no longer MTV Europe's best male (after 6 consecutive years) - now it is Shawn Mendes. What rediculous choice.
█ Speaking of awards: did you miss the duet by Beyoncé with the Dixie Chicks - on the latest (50th) Country Music Awards? Well, a few people did, because media bits were removed. It is said to have something to do with publication rights.

New in the German charts:

[09] James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go : Ugh, for this song he goes full Ed-Sheeran, just with a bit more radio-friendly flavor. And the video is awfully dramatic. Yuck!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen