Dienstag, 29. November 2016

Woman (#451)

Hi,

busy times for me again - but hey, I was able to dive into a few albums.

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • Bear's Den : Listen to "Red Earth & Pouring Rain" - it's an album of the year.
  • Justice : New album alert. After I got reminded by a colleague, I started listening to "Woman", but I'm not finished yet.
  • Bruno Mars : New album alert. A very positive review made me check out "24K Magic". But again... I'm not yet finished.
  • Frankmusik : I've listened to his recent single "2B", which sounds  a bit different to previous songs.
  • Paul Oakenfold : I was skipping through "A Lively Mind" to look for a song that might be suitable for an uptempo special radio programme.
  • Carrie Underwood : I still lover her "Blown Away" era. And I hope that she will reach that level again.

Most played artists:

  • The Weeknd : New album alert. "Starboy" features 18 tracks! And yes, a few a great. I guess I'll need some more time to get to know all the stuff.
  • Sulk : Finally! I made it through "No Illusions", which is a very nice album.
  • White Lies : And again - I finally listened to "Friends", which also is a nice album.

Most played tracks:

(nothing to highlight here)

News?

█ The 2016 American Music Awards (the 44th) were held the week before last week, but I didn't get to watch them earlier. So what about the show? Well, it was definitely better than the MTV Europe Music Awards, because it still finds a balance between awards and performances. There was a time when I cared a bit about the categories. (Coldplay is now an alternative act.) But nowadays they just give an award to any big name that shows up. Or how could you explain Selena Gomez winning favorite female pop/rock artist? Is it because of her fanbase? I have doubts. Heck, they even made up some "Award of Merit" for Sting. Most wins went to Justin Bieber (favorite male pop/rock artist, song, video, album) and artist of the year is/was Ariana Grande. So that may sum up everything you need to know about the AMAs.
The final (sponsored) performance ended with the announcer saying "you just witnessed an epic T-Mobile finale.", probably just to make sure that this awful new Maroon 5 collaboration with Kendrick Lamar is cool.
█ You may know Miley Cyrus. But do you know her sister Noah? Well, she is starting a singing career. Her latest video "Make Me (Cry)" (insert drop effect) features Labrinth and looks like the next big teen anthem.
█ The Killers and a bunch of celebrities like Bono, Julia Roberts, Channing Tatum, DJ Khaled and Kristen Bell appeared on Jimmy Kimmel's late night show to sing about "going to hell".

New in the German charts:

[11] Rae Sremmurd - Black Beatles (feat. Gucci Mane) : Hm, more on that later...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen