Montag, 13. Februar 2017

Big Picture (#462)

Hi,

I'm almost late about this week's entry... but I wanted to catch up with the Grammys first. (I call this commitment.)

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • Mozes and the Firstborn : Fan times. You know what? I should start getting to know their first album.
  • HGich.T : Promotion context. There's a concert coming up.  I'm not a bit unsure whether I will go. But on the other side... why not?
  • Madonna : Fan times! It was such a pleasure to revisit "American Life". I can't recommend that album enough. When it came out, I had a hard time to like it, but a few years later I couldn't be more happy about it.
  • Craig Armstrong : Relaxation times. "In Time" might not be best film, but it has one of the best scores, I have ever known.
  • John Mayer : Relaxation times. Guess what? If you listen to his new EP on a lonely weekend day, it seems to sound a bit better. ;)

Most played artists:

  • Matthias Schweighöfer : New album alert. I was doing some research for a radio segment. But it felt quite hard to listen to all of "Lachen Weinen Tanzen". The best thing about his album are the interludes, if you ask me. :P
  • The xx : New album alert. Tbh I was a bit surprised of how nice "I See You" sounds. I'm almost thinking of revisiting the previous album.
  • Toothless : Tbh I can't remember much about the latest album "The Pace Of The Passion". But I didn't feel bad while listening to it.
  • Leoniden : New album alert. After I've checked out the new songs from "Leoniden" (yes, a self-titled album), I might attend a concert here in town.

Most played tracks:

  • Matthias Schweighöfer - Durch den Sturm : Radio context. Yeah, because I wasn't allowed to play any song from the album, I was looking for the right song, that feels just as weak as the rest.
  • London Grammar - Big Picture : Oh yes, now that is the kind of LG music I was hoping for. Now I'm curious about a new album. :)
  • Ansel Elgort - Thief : New single alert. I'm not sure what to think. There's the thing about a sick beat, but all the nudety gets in the way. At least, the actor seems to feel comfortable about being some kind of beef cake now.

News?

█ The 59th Annual Grammy Awards took place yesterday. And what a show it was. Lovely performances and lots of success for Adele (again) and... Chance The Rapper, who made history as an artist who did not release a physical album. Also the tributes to lost legends felt more right than last year. (Sorry, Madonna)
█ Also part of the Grammy hype was the return of Katy Perry - with a new single. "Chained To The Rhythm" took me by surprise, as it is not only very contemporary, but also quite deep for a pop song. And then there's the feature of Skip Marley. And don't get me started on the cute lyric video. And check out her Grammy performance. Now that is a comeback. Loved it.
█ Tokio Hotel released a new music video. Unfortunately "Something New" doesn't feel like something new. What's even worse is the fact, that you won't see (or hear) a band but just Bill with tons of synths.

New in the German charts:

[09] Vice - Steady 1234 (feat. Jasmine Thompson & Skizzy Mars) : WTF? A pitched voice with a Drake ripoff. And it seems to become a hit. Booo...urns! :P

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen