last week had me listening to lots of new music. Five albums, at least. :)
Last week in covers:
- Genesis : Playlist research. I was looking for a song with/by Phil Collins for a radio show. Pretty quickly I was going through my favorite Genesis albums. "Invisible Touch" made it.
- Deefy : Promotion context. "Lights Go Out" sounds interesting. I'll give it a try for an upcoming music editorial department meeting. :D
- Soft Error : Try out time. "Mechanism" features some spheric tunes - but I need to listen to it once again for a more complete impression.
- Philipp Poisel : New album alert. "Mein Amerika" is full of ballads. Too much whiny lyrics. I think the artist could do so much better, but if this is how he would like to sound, I'm more than willing to skip his music.
Most played artists:
- Sam : Promotion context. Coming from Cro's label I had very low expectations regarding the upcoming album "Kleinstadtkids". And that did not help. Most songs are just awful. Maybe I'm just too old for this kind of music.
- Lemur : Concert context. So just in time for a concert here, I was checking out "Die Rache der Tiere". But after one spin it seemed pretty clear to me, that I would skip that concert. And I was told, that it's better to listen to the new songs more than once.
- Vant : New album alert. Because I like the song "Do You Know Me?" I was very curious about the album "Dumb Blood". And it's very good, if you ask me. Strong rock songs.
- Bilderbuch : New album alert. The hype about "Magic Life" couldn't possibly be bigger. And using "Bungalow" as a lead single was a very good move. The album itself is a bit hard to accept because of all the different directions. But I can understand the strategy to go that way and not to let any expectations come in the way.
Most played tracks:
- Luke Friend - Hole In My Heart : Wow, now that's a voice. And a catchy chorus is always a plus. Okay, the lyrics are cheesy... but somehow I like that song. :D
News?
█ Have you ever heard of Jonas Monar? Well, via YouTube suggestion I came across his new music video "Alle guten Dinge". As I watched it, it felt like an accident... I was sort of amazed by all the things I could not stand about it. What a crappy song.█ A big act from the past is now entering a new promotion phase. Tokio Hotel have started another season of their TH TV series. And it begins with impressions of their lifestyle... photo shoots etc. And I wonder, if they really like what they're doing. But then again.. do you believe anyone would trade that for an office job?
█ Our song for Kiev has now a video. Levina's "Perfect Life" sounds quite similar to "Titanium" (David Guetta & Sia), the visuals also do nothing new. And those lyrics... Can you tell me what it's like to be "amost a sinner, nearly a saint"? :P
OK, putting the sarcasm aside, if I had to chose a German act for the ESC, I would pick
New in the German charts:
[09] Maître Gims - Loin (feat. Dany Synthé) : Oh, a French rapper/singer. At least something exotic. But tbh the tune sounds quite familiar to other big acts like Major Lazer. Anyway... could be worse... and it's French. :)[10] Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa - Scared To Be Lonely : Well, I can see, how this one's successful. You take a young DJ/producer and add another young upcoming pop singer. Put them in a cheesy (romantic) video and you can't go wrong.



Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen