Montag, 10. April 2017

Menschen Leben Tanzen Welt (#470)

Hi,

another busy week went by... so quickly! And those Easter days are just around the corner. Work-life-balance, what did you do to me? Anyway...

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • Colbie Caillat : Hm, it must have been a while, since I last heard a song from her early album "Coco", which came out in 2008. Yup, time flies... but nice tunes remain. :) I recommend the song "Battle".
  • Goldfrapp : New album context. I'm still busy getting my head around "Silver Eye". How can an electronic dance record be so melancholic? Wow. 
  • Andrea True Connection : Radio show context. I was looking for a nice track from the 1970s... and "More More More" is one of my favorites. But did you know that it spawned quite a number of versions?
  • Hall & Oates : Radio show context. Tbh I've never heard from them, until I read about James Gunn wanting to use "She's Gone" in the upcoming film "Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2". Well, so I had to search for the (70s) album "Abandoned Luncheonette", because I could not find it on any greatest hits compilation. :P

Most played artists:

  • HGich.T : Concert context. Oh boy, I really did miss my chance to attend their Rostock show last Friday, because of other radio events. But then again. I prepared a special show about their music. And I've met a few of the project/band members backstage. So it wasn't a total failure. I just still need to see them live someday. :D
  • !!! : Radio work context. So as if two radio shows and an interview wasn't enough, I had to manage to edit a small portrait of this lovely band, which will headline the next Immergut festival. I wish I would have had more time, because the finished piece feels a bit rushed. But then again... their latest single "The One 2" also still has to convince me. :P

Most played tracks:

[nothing to highlight here... again]

News?

█ You can say what you want about Jan Böhmermann, but his latest project about German pop music couldn't be more amazing. He used monkeys to put together a generic pop song, which contains loads of commercial slogans. Enter Jim Pandzko... and his first hit "Menschen Leben Tanzen Welt". What an ingenious move! :)
█ So the 2017 Echo Awards took place last Thursday... but I don't give a fuck about it. I even skipped watching performances online.

New in the German charts:

[10] Rag'n'Bone Man - Skin : I guess, this artist is now officially mainstream - and he has won 2 Echo Awards. Anyway, I find this song underwhelming. But on the other hand, I still want to listen to his album.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen