Dienstag, 27. Februar 2018

Leave A Light On (#516)

Hi,

and I'm late again. Sorry :(

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • Isolation Berlin : New album alert. "Vergifte dich" could be more, if you ask me. When the pre-single "Kicks" came out, I was hopeful. Now I feel a bit disappointed, but I still bought a ticket for the next concert in town.
  • Rae Morris : New album alert. I was eager to get to know "Someone Out There", but after some tracks I lost my interest. :/
  • The Blaze : Fan times.
  • Kendrick Lamar and friends : Oh, that "Black Panther" album is just on fire. Such a strong compilation. Try it!
  • Sofi Tukker : Hype alert. So I recently found out, that I missed the chance to see them live in Berlin. But hey, maybe I will have more luck in September. (Lollapalooza times) :)

Most played artists:

  • cupcakKe : New artist alert... for me, at least. Wow, what a confidence. And some tracks are quite catchy. Try "LGBT" or "Duck Duck Goose". :)
  • Brian Fallon : New album alert. After friends were referring to this artist I made it through his latest release "Sleepwalkers", which seems to be something for fans, though.
  • Vance Joy : New album alert. "Nation Of Two" just sounds okay, and that seems very underwhelming to me.

Most played tracks:

[nothing to highlight here]

News?

█ Award Season continues with the Brit Awards 2018. Congratulations to Dua Lipa for making clear, why she has become a big name within the past year. Also Stormzy made quite some impact. Tbh it was a pretty solid awards show.
█ Lukas Rieger's new album "Code" only reached number 2 in the German album charts, while Felix Jaehn's "I" is now on place 5. (But what the heck is Goitzsche Front?)

New in the German charts:

[01] Liam Payne & Rita Ora - For You (Fifty Shades Freed) : Oy, another example of how popular films can make their mark in music charts. Regarding this case I don't even mind. :)
[08] Rudimental - These Days (feat. Jesse Glynne, Macklemore & Dan Caplen) : Wow, what a feature collection. The song sounds solid, but it doesn't really convince me. Like it was made very quickly. It still offers a lot to relate to, and I think that is why it going well right now.
[09] Tom Walker - Leave A Light On : Hm, no. Sorry, that just feels like a Rag'n'Bone ripoff. Maybe he is a true artist, but judging from that one single I don't need to hear more... at this point. But hey, the video is nice.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen