oops, it seems like my Mondays are too busy these days... but trust me, I try to be on time. :-/
Last week in covers:
- August D : BTS-related fan times.
- Mason Ramsey : New EP alert. "The Famous" sounds like you would expect, if you need some quick money. My advice: skip that music, even though it is well produced.
- Luca Kaminski : Radio context. I had the chance to interview the artist. And you won't guess how young he is. Anyway, his style reminds me of LGoony and Rin - and I think I will follow his output. Check out his videos or his current EP "Beverly".
- Work Drugs : Fan times. But also chill times, because I chose the more downbeat songs.
Most played artists:
- BTS : Fan times. :)
- N.O.R.E. : New album alert. I really like that remix of "Uno Mas", but nothing like this can be found on "5E". So that was a bummer. :/
- The Internet : New album alert. If you like soul music, try "Hive Mind". I think you should be pleased.
- All Saints : New album alert. Tbh I wasn't really hyped about "Testament", but then I found out, that William Orbit produced some tracks. And guess which songs I like most regarding All Saints. So yeah, I still have mixed feelings about the new album as a body of work. But I don't mind new Orbit-produced tracks. :)
- The Spitfires : New album alert. Wow, "Year Zero" really took me by surprise. Now that is fine indie rock - with great vocals.
Most played tracks:
News?
█ Neneh Cherry is back. Her new song "Kong" comes across quite melancholic. And also the music video fits the downbeat structure.█ And once again 6ix9ine is creating some internet buzz because of another collaboration. He teamed up with Gringo for a song called "Zkittlez". And they even managed to get a joined video edited, although they must have been some timezones apart.
█ Speaking of unusual collaborations, CHVRCHES feature Wednesday Campanella on their new track "Out Of My Head", which comes from the Japanese edition of "Love Is Dead". The music video has a strong psychedelic anime vibe.
█ So Iggy Azalea's new EP "Survive The Summer" was released - and I think it sounds boring. I couldn't find one single catchy hook. So yeah, have fun trying to get credits as a serious hip-hop chick, but pop tunes brought you in the spotlight in the first place, Iggy. :-/
█ DJ Khaled released a track featuring Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and Quavo. Unfortunately "No Brainer" sounds like it was made in an afternoon - an no guest artist does himself a favor taking part in this mess of a song. (Hopefully it won't be a success.)
New in the German charts:
[06] Summer Cem & Bausa - Casanove : No, thanks - not my cup of tea. If those "artists" stay true to their lyrice, they might suffer from sore groins. Anyway... I happily skip those tracks.[07] Alvaro Soler - La Cintura : Ahhh! :( Mediocre Latin music vibes. It's like Despacito all over again.
[08] Jonas Blue - Rise (feat. Jack & Jack) : OK, not the best pop music, but very acceptable compared to other songs. ^^ (Can you believe that Jack & Jack are making music for years now? Well, they haven't had a hit song - that I know of - so far.)
[09] Loud Luxury - Body (feat. brando) : Hm, the track doesn't hurt, but it doesn't amaze me either. Meh.



Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen