Dienstag, 31. Juli 2018

FEFE (#538)

Hi,

so once more this gets published with a slight delay, but tbh Idc... Hot summer days can really make you suffer, if you don't take your time to enjoy it. And working in an area, that gets visited by lots of tourists during holiday season, does not quite help either. Anyway...

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • Rhye : New album alert. (Or maybe it ain't that new?) "Blood" ist mostly mellow sounding.
  • The Dangerous Summer : New album alert. I've listened to their self-titled album, but it was just okay.
  • Childish Gambino : I thought that the music on the "EP" EP was kind of new. But it turns out, that it was published years ago. Anyway, there's this one track, that totally surprised me - "Lights Turned On".
  • Daniel Ran : Sleepy time context. So yeah, I used tunes of "Beyond Skyrim: BRUMA" for getting to sleep on very hot evenings.

Most played artists:

  • BTS : Fan times. (It just took 2 months to get me there.)
  • Justin Timberlake : So, yeah, I gave "Man Of The Woods" another chance. But tbh this is no album for me.
  • Awolnation : New album alert. "Here Come The Runts" did not convince me at all. :-/

Most played tracks:

  • Normandie - Ecstasy : New single alert. And fan times, of course. Can't wait for the new album. "White Flag" will come out on October 26.

News?

█ 6ix9ine and Nicki Minaj collaborated on a new track called "FEFE", which got the Internet buzzing because of its colorful music video. Within days it reached over 40 million views. And tbh I can't really understand that, because neither song nor video are that special. Also both artist don't seem to fit together. (And don't let me get started on the crazy headlines that got 6ix9ine media attention.)
█ How could I miss the release of George Ezra's "Shotgun" video? Anyway, this one's filled with minimalistic settings interlocked with CGI. Good job.
█ The top three entries in the German album charts are metal by Powerwolf, "folk" by Calimeros and hip-hop by MC Bilal. And my eyes keep rolling.

New in the German charts:

[06] Eno - Mercedes : No thanks, didn't need that one. But I think, I should come up with a tag or something to describe my feelings about that. (bling-rap maybe?)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen