Montag, 2. Juli 2018

Under The Sun (#534)

Hi,

despite a very busy weekend I somehow managed to listen to new anticipated music.

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • Dua Lipa : Fan times.
  • Goldfrapp : Fan times. I re-discovered the beauty of "Tales Of Us".

Most played artists:

  • BTS : Hype context.
  • Gorillaz : New album alert. "The Now Now" has a few nice pop tunes and that's all I can say about it.
  • Florence + The Machine : New album alert. Unfortunately "High As Hope" is very downbeat for my taste.

Most played tracks:

  • Seeb & Skip Marley - Cruel World : I think it is a cruel world indeed, if such a catchy song can't be a hit. 
  • BTS - MIC Drop (Steve Aoki Remix) : See, every now and then magic happens when you include Steve Aoki. He can't guarantee a good banger, but sometimes he impresses me. And this is such a case. (Note: I don't refer to the version that features Desiigner.)

News?

█ The 2018 BET Awards took place last week. Tbh I'm not sure, whether it serves culture to have an event that's celebrating "black excellence" exclusively. But on the other side I guess I'm not educated enough in this topic and I get that this event has a certain way selecting the participating artists. And tbh I found it quite difficult to see Jamie Foxx hosting.
█ Roosevelt announced his second album "Young Romance" - to be released on September 28. The first single "Under The Sun" sounds good. And he will have a few concerts in October. :)
█ Was there any doubt that the new album "Berlin lebt" by Capital Bra would not make it to the top of the German album charts? But yay, the reign of Andreas Gabalier is finally over. Now it is time to find out, what's so special about Capital Bra's music, I guess. Also "Kopf aus - Herz an" by Eloy at #2 is kind of weird. (Did somebody die or something?)
█ WTF is wrong with "Bella Ciao"? So there is this HUGEL Remix of that track in the German top ten, and then Mike Singer released his "version" last week. I call it a lazy move.

New in the German charts:

[02] Die Fantastischen View - Zusammen (feat. Clueso) : Yuck. Did it have to come to this - just because the song can be exploited for some football championship?
[04] Capital Bra - Kennzeichen B-TK (feat. King Khalil) : Respect. This marks the fourth song by this artist among the top ten. Tbh I can't recall this ever to have happened.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen