Montag, 23. Juli 2018

1998 TRUMAN (#537)

Hi,

so a quite busy week lies behind me now. It was fun doing a lot of BTS-related research, but it also feels good to have achieved something - even if it's just a short radio show.

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • The Weeknd : Fan times.
  • Sheryl Crow : Flashback context. Oh, how her album "C'Mon, C'Mon" changed my view of her music. If you don't know the album, feel free to try it.
  • MorMor : New EP alert. "Heaven's Only Wishful" features good alternative songs, but I guess I won't revisit it anytime soon.

Most played artists:

  • BTS : Fan times. So my special radio show finally aired last Thursday - and although it wasn't perfect, I had a fun time. So consider me blessed. And this just in... my album order of "Love Yourself 轉 'Tear'" arrived today. :)
  • London Grammar : Fan times.
  • Bullet For My Valentine : New album alert. Tbh at some points their sound reminded me of Normandie. :P But apart from two tracks "Gravity" didn't convince me. 

Most played tracks:

  • BTS - Euphoria : It's funny how I seem to discover something new about BTS each week. Did you know, that "Her" wasn't the first part of the "Love Yourself" era? There was a short film before - it marks the starting point - called "Wonder". And in it there is a song, that hasn't been released yet. It's a nice pop tune - with solo vocals by Jungkook.

News?

█ The nominations for the 2018 MTV Video Music Awards have been announced. Cardi B, Beyoncé and Jay-Z, Childish Gambino and Drake have the most chances for any wins. So you may imagine, how "excited" I am. :P The show will take place in New York City's Radio City Music Hall on August 20. (A host has not been named yet.)
█ BTS announced a repackage edition as part of their next "Love Yourself" release - the 2 CD album is called "Love Yourself 結 'Answer'" - and it will be out on August 24.
█ Normandie released their first single of their second album. "Ecstasy" also comes with a nice new video. The band went through a few changes since its debut with "Inguz" - so their future looks interesting.
█ Ciara made a comeback with her new single "Level Up". Both song and video seem very focused on the choreography. Within its first days the video reached 2 million views, but I still have doubts about this song becoming a hit.
█ Now that the duet "Dance To This" by Troye Sivan and Ariana Grande has a video, I can repeat how underwhelming I am about this. Even with retro (or independent film) visuals it feels a bit like a letdown to me.
█ Brockhampton released a new video. "1998 TRUMAN" seems a bit split, if you ask me. But it has its upsides.
█ Oh no, the Amigos rule the German album charts right now.

New in the German charts:

[01] Dynoro & Gigi D'Agostino - In My Mind : Uh. OK, not my first choice, but when I think of possible alternatives, I can live with it.
[06] Drake - In My Feelings : Hm, another trap song only Drake seems to deliver. Anyway... call me wrong, but I think this is overrated.
[10] Luciano - Ballin : I was wrong. Drake is a king compared to this... :-/

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen