my birthday week is over. And not only do I feel older, but also a bit sick. I guess, it's just a flu. Anyway, a few hours of headache later I can give you some more news and stats.
Last week in covers:
- Lost Horizon : Discovery context. "Ojalá" sounds good.
- Disappeared Completely : Discovery context. Tbh most of "Sea Of Fallen Nests" did not really amare me.
- The Weeknd : Fan times. Why not listen to song about hurt, while you are hurting? :(
Most played artists:
- BTS : Fan times. Plus: special radio show context. :)
- Stars : Discovery context. So I went through "There Is No Love In Fluorescent Light" and it was okay.
- NCT 127 : Hype context. So after several media outlets highlighted this K-Pop band, that has a new album called "NCT #127 Regular-Irregular", I was curious, if the quality would reach BTS level. And tbh it does not. :/
Most played tracks:
- Carrie Underwood - Love Wins : What a song! Definitely one of my favorites of 2018.
News?
█ OK, so every now and then I can check out a Wincent Weiss video. "Hier mit dir" seems well produced. And it is relatable, of course! Tbh I think that's one of the best WW songs I've heard so far.█ James Arthur's new video "Empty Space" features Tom Felton in a very dramatic short film, that fits the song. So consider this a recommendation.
█ A new music video, that I could describe as weird, must be the joint venture of Ellie Goulding, Swae Lee and Diplo. "Close To Me" fails to support the song.
█ The 70th Bambi Awards took place last Friday. Rod Stewart got a legend award. Michael Schulte also won an award in a category called "New German Music Stars". The award for "Music National" went to Mark Forster and "Music International" went to Dua Lipa.
█ No week without BTS-related news? Well, so it looks like "Burn The Stage - The Movie" is a success at the box office. And Steve Aoki released the music video for "Waste It On Me" without an appearance by BTS (or JK or RM). Instead he had some actors doing funny scenes.
█ Herbert Grönemeyer's new album "Tumult" topps the German album charts. But more pleasant is the re-entry of Queen's Greatest Hits Platinum Collection at number 8.
New in the German charts:
[01] Samra - Cataleya : OK, so he is another rapper in Bushido's team. Meh, whatever.[03] Sido - Tausend Tattoos : When I first heard the hook, I had to grin, because it sounds so mainstream. Also tattoos have become very mainstream. Congratz for the success, but I really can't take it seriously. I kind of feel sorry for his early fans.
[04] Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho : WTF, a cheap Gaga ripoff? Call me old-fashioned, but at this point I'll stick with the original.
[10] Dean Lewis - Be Alright : OK, he is new to me. And as comparing as I can be I had to think of Ed Sheeran.



Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen