Dienstag, 27. August 2019

Hold On (#594)

Hi,

sorry for the delay (again) ...

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • Ride : New album alert. "This Is Not A Safe Place" has some nice tracks.
  • Maria Hackman : New album alert. "Any Human Friend" sounds okay. One of my favorite tracks was the mellow song "Hold On".
  • The Slow Show : Promotion context. I was lucky to check out "Lust And Learn" early. I'd say that fans should be happy, but a banger like "Ordinary Life" might be missing.
  • Friendly Fires : New album alert. "Inflorescent" sounds good in the beginning, but I kind of lost my interest after the first half.
  • Kaiser Chiefs : New album alert. I was quite surprised how nice "Duck" sounded, even if it probably make me listen to its entirety again.
  • Shura : New album alert. "Forevher" was a big disappointment for me. Sorry for my honesty.

Most played artists:

  • MONSTA X : Hype context. Is it just me or do you also feel that the last few months were really good to MONSTA X, who just finished a world tour? Anyway, thanks to a few recommendations I've listened to their latest album - among them was "Take.2 We Are Here", which I would describe as pretty solid K-Pop.
  • Taylor Swift : New album alert. "Lover" comes with a lot of tracks, but also with little variety. Sorry, but I think this is not her strongest album.
  • Grossstadtgefüster : New album alert. "Trips & Ticks" left me exhausted regarding their sound. 

Most played tracks:

[nothing to highlight here]

News?

█ The 2019 MTV Video Music Awards took place - on a Monday!? Most wins went to Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande and Billie Eilish. Missy Elliott performed a big medley. BTS won Best Group.
█ Missy Elliott released a new EP called "Iconology". The few new tracks seem to deal with her status of being around for quite a while. A catchy bop is missing, however.
█ A band called Runrig went straight to the top of ther German album charts, but it won't make me check out "The Last Dance - Farewell Concert Film". That is followed by Azed's "Der Bozz 2" and Sarah Connor's "Herz Kraft Werke".

New in the German charts:

[03] Luciano - Yeah : Bo-bobobo? No, thanks.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen