Montag, 30. Dezember 2019

Arms Around You (#612)

Hi,

one more time in 2019...

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • City And Colour : Year's end context. I listened to "A Pill For Loneliness", which I can recommend to any indie fans.
  • Kanye West : Year's end context. I could have skipped "Jesus Is King" tbh.
  • Vonda Shepard : Fan times.
  • MisterWives : New release context. The EP "mini bloom" has a few nice tracks, but "the end" seems to be the best.
  • Sondre Lerche : New release context. No, thanks, my world did not need those Britney Spears cover songs.

Most played artists:

  • Lana Del Rey : Year's end context. Fan times.
  • Lizzo : Year's end context. So I listened to the deluxe version of "Cuz I Love You", just to find out that I did not miss much.
  • Caravan Palace : Year's end context. "Chronologic" is a very nice album.
  • Catfish and the Bottlemen : Year's end context. "The Balance" sounds good.

Most played tracks:

  • Lil Pump & xxxtentacion - Arms Around You (feat. Maluma & Swae Lee) : Oh, what a bop - even though it seems like a feature overkill. How could I miss this one out?

News?

█ Mariah Carey was able to hold the top spot at the Billboard charts with her (old) Christmas song. Meanwhile some weird music act calles LadBaby entered the UK charts at number one - with a cover version of "I Love Rock'n Roll" - "I Love Sausage Rolls". (As if British politics wasn't crazy enough these days.) ^^
█ So there is this German YouTube channel "Gewitter im Kopf" ("electrical storm in the head"), where two everyday guys (Jan and Tim) deal with the Tourette syndrome. And they released a single!? Tbh this shows that anyone can make hip-hop these days. Even lyrics with a good message can't save this mess of a song ("Zeig dein Gesicht").
█ Guess what's on top of the German album charts. It's "Carlo Cokxxx Nutten 4" by Bushido. :-/ And "Schlaftabletten, Rotwein V" by Alligatoah returned at number 5 in its 18th week.

New in the German charts:

[01] Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You : Wow. I did not expect that.
[05] Chris Rea - Driving Home For Christmas : Aw, this is a nice classic.
[06] Melanie Thornton - Wonderful Dream (Holidays Are Coming) : Yup, can't miss that one out.
[07] Shakin' Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyone : What?
[09] Loredana - Mit Dir : Oh.
[10] John Lennon - Happy Xmas (War Is Over) : And another classic.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen