Montag, 10. Februar 2020

Life Is A Game Of Changing (#618)

Hi,

my list of favorite tracks of 2020 has grown a bit. And it's just February. :)

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • Tyler, The Creator : Curiosity context. I re-visited "IGOR", and somehow it felt better than the first listening session.
  • La Roux : New album context. Sorry, but "Supervision" left me disappointed.
  • GFRIEND : New release context. Their new EP "回: LABYRINTH" started with a banger, but the following tracks could not get to that level.
  • LOONA : New release context. Their latest EP "[#]" was okay.

Most played artists:

  • Pet Shop Boys : Fan times. I revisited their 2019 EP "Agenda" and some songs grew on me.
  • Blond : New album context. "Martini Sprite" features very clever German pop music.
  • Tarek K.I.Z : New album context. "Golem" did not convince me during the first listening session, but maybe I'll give it another try.
  • Mighty Oaks : New album context. "All Things Go" did nothing for me.

Most played tracks:

  • Pet Shop Boys - On Social Media : What a bop! Why didn't I listen to it more often in 2019? 
  • DMA'S - Life Is A Game Of Changing : My love for this band keeps on growing. Can this catchy vibe be topped? (Can't wait for their next album.)

News?

█ Justin Bieber's new song "Intentions" features Quavo and comes with a meaningful music video. But apart from those aspects, his new music still sounds disappointing to me.
█ The Weeknd's "Blinding Lights" became his first UK number one! It even might stay there for another week. Yay.
█ Capital Bra did it again. :-/ "Baby" marks his 20th number 1 song in Germany. Idk what to think of this kind of charts system. At least, other countries seem to have better systems.
█ Tarek K.I.Z has now a number 1 album in Germany.

New in the German charts:

[01] Joker Bra & VIZE - Baby : No, thanks.
[03] Samra - Mon Ami : And again - no, thanks.
[09] Topic - Breaking Me (feat. A7S) : A quite effective and very short electro pop tune. Interesting.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen