Montag, 13. Juli 2020

Claudia Obert Swag (#640)

Hi,

so much new music. Let me just jump right into it... 

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • TTRRUUCES : New album context. Their self-titled album should not be missed, if you like fresh indie pop.
  • Ellie Goulding : Workout context. I was listening to "Halcyon Days", which was nice.
  • Katie Melua : New single context. "A Love Like That" comes in two versions - and the slightly longer "Edit" has a very nice pop vibe.
  • Trixsi : New album context. Tbh I need to give "Frau Gott" another chance. ^^

Most played artists:

  • Jessie Ware : People, try "What's Your Pleasure?". It is such a great album. I also listened to her first album "Devotion", but it didn't strike me that much.
  • Sofia Portanet : New album context. And wow, it doesn't happen often, that a newcomer artist can surprise me like that. If you know albums similar to "Freier Geist", please let me know.
  • DMA'S : New album context. Yes, now we have the third album "THE GLOW" - and I can consider myself a happy fan. :) 

Most played tracks:

  • Juicy Gay - Claudia Obert Swag : WTF!? This one is funny and catchy at the same time. :)

News?

█ Austrian rapper Crack Ignaz announced his thirst studio album. "Sturm und Drang" will come out on August 14. The pre-single "Bipolar" has a beautiful music video - and a surprisingly deep message.
█ Have you ever heard of artist/producer Arca? Well, he seems to be quite experimental. Just take a look at his video "Mequetrefe", which has some crazy editing.
█ Data Luv's latest single "Friendzone" surprised me because of its authentic vibe. I could easily repeat that one.
█ CHILDREN have a new single called "Florales Muster" with feature guest Yung_fsk18. The music video looks very good.
█ Zugezogen Maskulin released another pre-single of their upcoming album "10 Jahre Abfuck". "Sommer vorbei" has a radio-friendly vibe, but I think "Tanz auf dem Vulkan" was stronger.
█ James Bay is back with "Chew On My Heart". The song might need a few spins until you might get convinced. But I think it's well-produced.
█ Another great new track comes from Lights. The visuals of the music video for "Dead End" alone should be worth a try.
█ Something must have happened - for a compilation like "Sing meinen Song - Das Tauschkonzert - Volume 7" to have another peak(!). It seems to have been a crazy week for the German album charts.

New in the German charts:

[01] Apache 207 - Bläulich : Tbh I expected a bit more. But hey, he still has a feeling for nice hooks.
[05] Luciano - Nacht zu kurz : Bo-bobo no. thanks. :-/
[08] Bozza x Samra - Unbekannt : Interestingly deep and without bling bling. Nice.








Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen