Sonntag, 3. Januar 2021

Don't Stop Me Eatin' (#664)

Hi,

well I am quite late with this last "music week" of 2020... but the year stats were on time. :)
So as you will see I was able to listen to a bunch of 2020 albums - just before Christmas.

Last week in covers:


Noteworthy:
  • Circa Waves : Year's end context. "Sad Happy" is a good indie album.
  • Acht Eimer Hühnerherzen : Year's end context. Tbh after 4 songs the sound of "album" seemed to blend together.
  • Sam Smith : Year's end context. "Love Goes" surprised me a bit, because of a bunch of uplifting songs.
  • Sports Team : Year's end context. "Deep Down Happy" should please fans. ^^
  • All We Are : Year's end context. I had fun listening to "Providence", but I couldn't make out any highlights.
  • Run The Jewels : Year's end context. Because of a quite short track count, I could enjoy "RTJ4" as much as possible. Tbh it is not really my cup of tea.

Most played artists:

  • The Weeknd : Year's end context. "After Hours" works as an album!
  • Dritte Wahl : Year's end context. So I finally made it to "3D" - and let me tell you I should not have waited for so long. The album sounds quite good.
  • Chromatics : Year's end context. "Faded Now" has its moments. 

Most played tracks:

[nothing to highlight here]


News?

█ LadBaby did it again - they managed to have a UK number one song at Christmas. It's a cover version of the Journey classic "Don't Stop Believin'" - called "Don't Stop Me Eatin'". I'm not an expert, but I guess this is as British as it gets - plus a trashy music video.
█ The German album charts: Paul McCartney ("McCartney III", 1), AC/DC ("Power Up", 2) and Helene Fischer ("Die Helene Fischer Show - Meine schönsten Momente Vol. 1", 3).

New in the German charts:

[07] John & Yoko / The Plastic Ono Band with The Harlem Community Choir - Happy Xmas (War Is Over) : Yay, another Xmas classic.
[08] Michael Bublé - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas : Oh, I actually like this one a bit.
[10] Ariana Grande - Santa Tell Me : Hm? I can't remember this one. :P 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen