Dienstag, 13. Juli 2021

Seventeen Going Under (#691)

Ahoy,

I know I'm late...


My last week in covers:

Most played artists:

  • Lykke Li : Workout context. I was listening to "I Never Learn" and "so sad so sexy". Her music kind of grew on me.
  • Saint Motel : New album context. Tbh I tried not to have high expectations, but "The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" still felt disappointing.
  • Monolink : New album context. "Under Darkening Skies" sounds solid, if you like electronic songs with little pop elements.

Most played tracks:

[nothing to highlight here]

Noteworthy:

  • ISLAND : New album context. "Yesterday Park" is okay.
  • Jack Savoretti : New album context. "Europiana" seemed to have come out of the blue. I guess I'm not an album fan of his music, because I just seem to like single tracks.
  • beabadoobee : New release context. Her EP "Our Extended Play" sounds fun, thanks to some uptempo songs. 
  • Gorgon City : New album context. "Olympia" should please fans.
  • Cigarettes After Sex : Fan times.

Scrobble count:  174.949

 

News

█ Sam Fender returned to the music scene with the title track for his upcoming studio album "Seventeen Going Under". The music video seems pretty basic, but the tune is nice.

█ Of course, the new BTS single "Permission To Dance" has created some buzz on social media. Again they chose to avoid Korean lyrics. And again the result seems quite retro - and radio-friendly. I already saw some disappointed reactions by fans. And I think the track is not as strong as "Butter".

█ Billie Eilish released another pre-single of her upcoming album. "NDA" comes with a simple, but effective music video.

 

New entries

Album charts (Germany)

[01] Kastelruther Spatzen - HeimatLiebe : Yuck.

[02] Ramon Roselly - Lieblingsmomente : Yuck².

[04] Motörhead - No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith : A re-entry with a new peak position.

[05] Darkthrone - Eternal Hails : Who?

[06] Toto - With A Little Help From My Friends : Okay.

[10] Beartooth - Below : Who?

Single charts (Germany)

[01] Pashanim - Sommergewitter : Wow.

[03] Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits : Who is betting for this to still rise to the top? ;)

[07] FiNCH & Blümchen - Herzalarm : Yuck.

Albums Chart Top 100 (UK)

[01] Jack Savoretti - Europiana : Wow.

[03] Doja Cat - Planet Her : Okay.

[04] Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost : Okay.

[08] John Grant - Boy From Michigan : Who?

Singles Chart Top 100 (UK)

[01] Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits : Did anyone have doubts about that?

[09] Doja Cat & The Weeknd - You Right : Okay.

Billboard 200 (USA) - week of July 10

[01] Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost : Wow.

[02] Doja Cat - Planet Her : Okay.

Billboard Hot 100 (USA) - week of July 10

[05] Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits : Well, that was obvious, wasn't it.



Cheerio!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen