Montag, 4. Juli 2022

July 2022 (#742)

Ahoy,


I'm in some kind of difficult phase these days, when it comes to blogging...

 

Last week in covers:

Most played artists:

  • Bad Omens : I was revisiting "THE DEATH OF PEACE OF MIND" - and it was okay.
  • Kendrick Lamar : New album context. Tbh I wouldn't consider myself a fan, but "Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers" starts very strong. However, the second half could not really convince me.
  • Mallrat : New album context. Fans of nice alternative tunes might check out "Butterfly Blue".
  • The Slow Show : Recommendation context. I was reminded of their 2022 album "Still Life" and I gave it another spin. I wasn't overwhelmed, though.

Most played tracks:

[nothing to highlight here]

Noteworthy:

  • Porcupine Tree : New album context. As I happen not to fully enjoy prog rock, "CLOSURE / CONTINUATION" seems just okay to me.
  • Sheryl Crow : Fan times and flashback times. My love for her fifth album "Wildflower" is still strong.
  • WONHO : New release context. His new EP "Facade" doesn't have a highlight track, if you ask me.
  • Roxette : Fan times and new release context. Three (!) volumes of "ROX RMX" have been released within one week. But tbh I just like a small amount of all those remixes.
  • Night Club : Research context. I was wondering, if I should include "Die In The Disco" on a party playlist. I guess, it might come across a little cynical.

Scrobble count:  185.038

 

News

█ Adele recently gave a few concerts at London's Hyde Park. Social media has a lot of it covered.

 

New entries

Album charts (Germany)

[01] Rammstein - Zeit : Back at the top in its 8th week.

[02] Andreas Gabalier - Ein neuer Anfang : Yikes.

[03] Drake - Honestly, Nevermind : A very successful surprise release.

[05] Queen - The Platinum Collection | Greatest Hits I, II & III : A re-entry and new peak position, thanks to some concert stops of their "Rhapsody Tour" (with Adam Lambert).

[10] Kasalla - Rudeltiere : Who?

 

Single charts (Germany)

[01] DJ Robin & Schürze - Layla : WTF - oh no. :(

 

Albums Chart Top 100 (UK)

[01] Harry Styles - Harry's House : Back at the top in its 5th week.

[02] Drake - Honestly, Nevermind : Okay.

[03] Foals - Life Is Yours : Nice.

 

Singles Chart Top 100 (UK)

[07] Drake - Jimmy Cooks (feat. 21 Savage) : WTF. The song is terrible. ^^

[08] Drake - Massive : Hm, interesting dance beats. (But no radio edit?)

[10] Drake - Falling Back : Okay, one of the more catchy Drake tracks.

 

Billboard 200 (USA) - week of July 02

[01] Drake - Honestly, Nevermind : Hmkay.

[08] Kevin Gates - Khaza : Who?

 

Billboard Hot 100 (USA) - week of July 02

[01] Drake - Jimmy Cooks (feat. 21 Savage) : Yikes.

[06] Drake - Sticky : Hm, okay, another Drake track.

[07] Drake - Falling Back : Okay.

 

Viral Global Spotify Charts - week of June 23

[01] Joji - Glimpse Of Us : Okay, a ballad is now on top.

[07] Drake - Jimmy Cooks (feat. 21 Savage) : Yikes.

[10] Drake - Falling Back : Okay.


Cheerio!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen