Montag, 25. Juli 2022

Morning Blue (#745)

Ahoy,


I had some days off and I hope, I can find some focus now.

 

Last week in covers:

Most played artists:

  • Madonna : Fan times. Because of a YouTube video I felt the need to revisit her album "American Life", which I see as one of her best works.
  • Mabel : New album context. "About Last Night..." has lots of dance beats, but just a few highlights, if you ask me. One would be "Overthinking (feat. 24kGoldn)". 
  • Lizzo : New album context. "Special" has a quite radio-friendly vibe. I guess I will revisit it soon.
  • Razz : New album context. Tbh I did not really process everything about "Everything You Will Ever Need", so I'll need another spin.

Most played tracks:

  • Giant Rooks - Morning Blue : Hm, this one sounds like they tried to go all Coldplay - but maybe it will grow on me.

Noteworthy:

  • V**gra Boys : New album context. "Cave World" sounds okay.
  • grim104 : New album context. "Imperium" did not really convince me. I just like this artist as part of Zugezogen Maskulin better.
  • j-hope : New album context. "Jack In The Box" has some nice tunes.
  • Metric : New album context. "Formentera" sounds okay.
  • All Saints : Flashback times.

Scrobble count:  185.573

 

News

█ Calvin Harris is about to hit the charts with star power. His new single "Stay With Me" features Justin Timberlake, Halsey and Pharrel Williams. The funky disco track comes with a very colorful music video - with all guests included. His upcoming album "Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 2" will be released on August 5. (Vol. 1 was released in 2017.)

 

New entries

Album charts (Germany)

[01] Powerwolf - The Monumental Mass : Hmkay.

[02] Cro - Raop : What? A new peak in its 140th week.

[04] Neil Young with Crazy Horse - Toast : Okay.

[05] Marianne Rosenberg - Diva : Okay.

[06] Ayliva - Weisses Herz : Who? (And what genre?)

[07] Journey - Freedom : Okay. (They have new music?)

 

Single charts (Germany)

[03] Kontra K - Follow (feat. Sido & Leony) : Yuck. They used a Lykke Li sample.

[04] Pashanim - Kleiner Prinz : Hmkay. I expected more tbh.

 

Albums Chart Top 100 (UK)

[01] Harry Styles - Harry's House : Back at the top in its 8th week. Seems like it will become a very successful record this year.

[02] Burna Boy - Love, Damini : Who?

[04] James Bay - Leap : Okay.

[06] Brent Faiyaz - Wasteland : Who? (And what genre?)

 

Singles Chart Top 100 (UK)

[07] Burna Boy - Last Last : Hm, so that is a "Worldwide" song. Not bad.

[08] David Guetta, Becky Hill & Ella Henderson - Crazy What Love Can Do : A simple party banger with two nice voices.

 

Billboard 200 (USA) - week of July 23

[02] Brent Faiyaz - Wasteland : Who²?

[03] aespa - Girls: The 2nd Mini Album [EP] : Oh, another major success for K-Pop.

 

Billboard Hot 100 (USA) - week of July 23

[no relevant changes]

 

Viral Global Spotify Charts - week of July 14

[03] Bizarrap & Quevedo - Quevedo: Bzrp Music Sessions, Vol. 52 : Huh? What a strange title. But the track sounds nice.




Cheerio!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen