Montag, 5. Juni 2023

Popular (#790)

Ahoy,


a new month has just started...

 
Scrobble count:  192.523

Last week in covers:

Most played artists:

  • Tina Turner : Real life context. One true legend with an unique voice has passed away. When she had her comeback with "Goldeneye" in the 90s, I got to know her music better. In fact, one of my first CDs was her great album "Wildest Dreams", which I love to this day. She left the music scene years ago, but she will be missed.
  • Bipolar Feminin : New album context. The sound of "Ein fragiles System" reminded me of Die Nerven, but with female voices. I did not find any highlight.
  • Q : Curiosity context. The new album "Soul, PRESENT" has its moments, but it did not impress me much.

Most played tracks:

  • Roosevelt - Ordinary Love : Fan times. I'm wondering, if this new pre-single will get a music video.
  • Dua Lipa - Dance The Night : Hype context. This new track is part of the upcoming soundtrack compilation album for the "Barbie" film. The music video looks quite simple, but at least it has a cameo by Greta Gerwig.

Noteworthy:

  • Keke Palmer : New album context. Tbh "BIG BOSS" left me cold.
  • GIRLI : New release context. The EP "why am i like this??" starts nice, but I somehow lost my interest quite quickly.
  • SG Lewis : Fan times. I came across some remixes of "Call On Me" and "Lifetime", but I prefer the album versions.
  • Taylor Swift : New release context. The new "Til Dawn Edition" of "Midnights" comes with a few new tracks.


News

█ The most amazing collaboration comes from The Weeknd, who released a track with Madonna and Playboi Carti. "Popular" is part of a soundtrack album for his new HBO series "THE IDOL", that has just launched. The track has a nice R'n'B vibe.

 

New entries

Album charts (Germany)

【01】 Swiss + die Andern - Erstmal zu Penny : What? Hmkay.

【02】 VA - Sing meinen Song | Das Tauschkonzert | Volume 10 : Yikes.

【03】 Calimeros - Marianna Havanna : Ugh.

【04】 Lewis Capaldi - Broken By Desire To Be Heavenly Sent : Okay.

【05】 Sleep Token - Take Me Back To Eden : Who?

【06】 HoodBlaq - Haraga : Who?

【07】 Fatoni - Wunderbare Welt : Okay.

【08】 Yassin - Für immer : Okay.

 

Single charts (Germany)

【02】 Apache 207 - Wenn das so bleibt : Hm, a quite nice production. I can't complain.

【06】 RAF Camora & Cro - Bei Nacht : This seems like a very strong collaboration on paper, but the track plays it very safe. It has a catchy vibe, though.

【08】 Shirin David - Lächel doch mal : Tbh I have mixed feelings about this track. I like the empowerment aspect, but I'm not sure about her sincerity.

【10】 RAF Camora & Luciano - All Night : Back in the top ten in its 8th week.

 

Albums Chart Top 100 (UK)

【01】 Lewis Capaldi - Broken By Desire To Be Heavenly Sent : Okay.

【03】 Sleep Token - Take Me Back To Eden : Who, again?

【04】 Def Leppard & The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Drastic Symphonies : Okay.

【08】 Ghost - Phantomime : Okay.

 

Singles Chart Top 100 (UK)

【09】 Lana Del Rey - Say Yes To Heaven : Really? Just this one is new here?

 

Billboard 200 (USA) - week of June 03

【05】 Dave Matthews Band - Walk Around The Moon : Okay.

【07】 Ghost - Phantomime (EP) : Okay.

 

Billboard Hot 100 (USA) - week of June 03

【08】 Bad Bunny - WHERE SHE GOES : Hm, a quite strong production.

 

Viral Global Spotify Charts - week of May 25

【02】 Bad Bunny - WHERE SHE GOES : Okay.

【10】 Kodak Black, NLE Choppa, Jimin, JVKE, Muni Long - Angel Pt. 1 : Taken from the Fast X soundtrack.

 

Cheerio!



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen