Montag, 1. Januar 2024

My year 2023 in music

Happy New Year, folks.

It is time to look at some stats again.

In 2023 I was scrobbling 7349 tracks - most of them (834) in June.

Compared to previous years I was scrobbling not so much. :(

Artists


  1. Madonna (171 scrobbles)
  2. Bear's Den (69 scrobbles)
  3. The Toten Crackhuren im Kofferraum (The CHIK) (67 scrobbles)
  4. Greyshadow (64 scrobbles)
  5. SG Lewis (63 scrobbles)
  6. DMA'S (58 scrobbles)
  7. John Mayer (54 scrobbles)
  8. Culture Beat
    / Roosevelt (53 scrobbles)
  9. Kim Petras (50 scrobbles)
  10. BTS (49 scrobbles)

Thoughts:

  • Wow, I was listening to The CHIK mostly because of an interview preparation.
  • Greyshadow released his debut album, which I was scrobbling more often than the latest SG Lewis album.
  • Culture Beat was part of my research for a special 90s playlist. I really fell hard for their two albums.
  • Kim Petras released a great dance pop album.
  • And even with hardly anything new in 2023 I am still listening to BTS, thanks to a personal best of playlist. 



Albums

 

  1. SG Lewis - AudioLust & HigherLove (70 scrobbles)
  2. Greyshadow - Unfulfilled Desires (47 scrobbles)
  3. Chicane - Nevertheless (42 scrobbles)
  4. The Subways - Uncertain Joys (41 scrobbles)
  5. YUKNO - Alles ist Vergangenheit (39 scrobbles)
  6. Lady Gaga - Chromatica
    / Post Malone - AUSTIN (38 scrobbles)
  7. Kim Petras - Feed The Beast (34 scrobbles)
  8. The Blaze - Jungle (33 scrobbles)
  9. Craig Armstrong - In Time (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    / Madonna - Madame X
    / Taylor Swift - 1989 (Taylor's Version) (32 scrobbles)
  10. BIBIZA - Wiener Schickeria (31 scrobbles)

Thoughts:

  • Really? BIBIZA? Wow, that was maybe just one week.
  • YUKNO released a nice album and almost had a concert here.
  • The soundtrack to "In Time" had a big revival for me.


 

Tracks

  1. Chicane - Nineteen Eighty Five (24 scrobbles)
  2. Nightly - dry eyes (21 scrobbles)
  3. Sarah Jarosz - Columbus & 89th (20 scrobbles)
  4. PlanetYes - Sonic (18 scrobbles)
  5. The Blaze - BLOOM (15 scrobbles)
  6. Shania Twain - Waking Up Dreaming (14 scrobbles)
  7. Aly & AJ - Hold Out 
    / Post Malone - Enough Is Enough
    / YUKNO - Böse Geister (13 scrobbles)
  8. Alesso & John Newman - Call Your Name
    / Aly & AJ - With Love From
    / Bayonne - Right Thing
    / Blaue Blume - Crush
    / Taylor Swift - New Romantics (Taylor's Version) (12 scrobbles)
  9. Alok & Ava Max - Car Keys (Ayla)
    / Beyoncé - Ring The Alarm (Freemasons Club Mix Radio Edit)
    / Lady Gaga - Chromatica I + Alice (11 scrobbles)
  10. DJ Snake - Run It (feat. Rick Ross & Rich Brian)
    / Madonna - Celebration
    / Sheryl Crow - Always On Your Side
    / The Attic Sleepers - Advice
    / Tones And I, BIA & Diarra Sylla - BRING IT ON (10 scrobbles)

Thoughts:

  • A catchy electro song, that sounds like a ringtone, is my number one track of 2023.
  • Unfortunately "dry eyes" is the only nice song, that I know of Nightly so far.
  • I am hyped about the new Sarah Jarosz album.
  • I recently found out about further PlanetYes singles. ^^
  • I consider that Shania Twain song a guilty pleasure.
  • "Böse Geister" is my most scrobbled German song of the year.
  • I remember "Crush" to be the first song of 2023, that I added to my best of playlist.
  • "Always On Your Side" is my goto song, when I want to come down a bit - but it's also very melancholic.

So yeah, that is my year 2023 in music.

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen