Montag, 11. Mai 2026

Dansons (#941)

Ahoy,

 

I guess it's time for some catching up...

Scrobble count:  212.996

Last week in covers:


Most played artists:

  • Indochine : Research context. I was listening to "Babel Babel" and the track 
  • Jessie Ware : New album context. "Superbloom" has its moments - but just with previous releases I only like a few songs.
  • Normandie : New release context. "SIDE EFFECTS PT.1" comes with a few quite hard tracks - but "Mayday" might also make fans happy, who would like to hear more catchy music.

Most played tracks:

  • Jessie Ware - Ride : One of the two new songs, that were produced by Stuart Price - the other one is called "Sauna".

Noteworthy:

  • Urban Cookie Collective : Flashback times.
  • BLACKPINK : "GO" will certainly come up on my annual stats.
  • Cardi B : Research context. I wanted to get to know her hit songs...
  • Céline Dion : New release context. "Dansons" is an emotional ballad - a strange comeback strategy.
  • Federhall : Recommendation context. Songs like "Meister" and "Freitagnacht im Vollkontakt" provide a nice retro vibe - reminding me of NDW music from the 1980s.
  • Holly Humberstone : Shuffle context. So the Spotify algorithm seems to suggest that I might want to listen to her new album "Cruel World". And maybe I will do so.


News

█ Who would have thought that M.I.A. would release a new album - but here comes "M.I.7". The pre-single "EVERYTHING" hints less controversial lyrics. But I will see...

█ The nominees for the 52nd American Music Awards have been announced. Most nominated are Taylor Swift (8), Morgan Wallen, Olivia Dean, Sabrina Carpenter and sombr (7) and Alex Warren, Lady Gaga (6).  The show will take place in Las Vegas on May 25.

New entries

Album charts (Germany)

【01】 Jazeek - 4Lap : Hmkay.

【03】 Tom Twers - Mein Herz kriegst du nicht : Who?

【06】 Bring Me The Horizon - L.I.V.E. In São Pulo (Live Immersive Virtual Experiment) : Okay.

【07】 Lord Of The Lost - Opvs Noir Vol. 3 : Okay.

 

Single charts (Germany)

【01】 Tame Impala - Dracula : Wow! Reaching the top in week 10.

【02】 Babydoll...

【05】 Alex Warren - Fever Dream : New peak in week 7.

【07】 Juju - Crashout Freestyle : Arriving in the top ten in its first week.

【10】 LACAZETTE x Nizi19 x Lucio101 x Yuyu19 - +49 : 

 

Albums Chart Top 100 (UK)

【01】 Olivia Dean - The Art Of Loving : Back at the top in week 29.

【02】 Jack Savoretti - We Will Always Be The Way We Were : Impressive,

【04】 Holly Humberstone - Cruel World : Okay.

【07】 Ella Langley - Dandelion : Okay.

 

Singles Chart Top 100 (UK)

【01】 Rein Me In...

【02】 Tame Impala - Dracula : New peak in week 25.

【03】 Alex Warren - Fever Dream : New peak in week 7.

【04】 sombr - Homewrecker : New peak in week 10.

【05】 Dominic Fike - Babydoll : New peak in week 14.

【07】 Dominic Fike - White Keys : New peak in week 11.

 

Billboard 200 (USA) - week of April 25

【01】 Ella Langley - Dandelion : Of course.

【07】 Justin Bieber - Swag : Back in the top ten in week 40 - thanks to the Coachella festival.

【10】 Sabrina Carpenter - Man's Best Friend : Back in the top ten in week 33 - thanks to the Coachella festival.

 

Billboard Hot 100 (USA) - week of April 25

【01】 Choosin' Texas...

【02】 Man I Need...

【03】 I Just Might...

【04】 Ella Langley - Be Her : New peak in week 9.

 

Spotify's Top Songs Global - week of April 16

【01】 SWIM...

【02】 Babydoll...

【03】 Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj - Beauty And A Beat : What a resurrection. ^^

【09】 Tame Impala - Dracuala | JENNIE Remix : New peak in week 8.

 

Cheerio!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen