Montag, 18. April 2016

Beat To My Melody (#419)

Hi,
oh, what a listt's take a look...
Last week in covers:
Noteworthy:
  • Drangsal : New album alert. This week "Harieschaim" will finally be released. I was lucky to listen to it in advance. So far I'd say that "Love Me Or Leave Me Alone" is the most significant highlight.
  • Hot Panda :New album alert. The title "Bad Pop" could be misleading, as this is more rock than you might expect.
  • Night Moves : Their latest album "Pennied Days" is now on my radar and it's a pleasure for indie lovers.
  • Otep : New album alert. Due to a very positive review I tried "Generation Doom". Most tracks feature heavy guitars, but I also like the strong messages.
  • Killerpilze : I'm still trying to figure out, whether "High" is some kind of progress compared to the previous album.
Most played artists:
  • Eliza And The Bear : New album alert. The self-titled debut record should be on any indie fan's "to-listen-list". Good stuff.
  • Normandie : Everything is "Inguz", "Inguz" is everything. If things turn out great, I might be able to see them live.
  • Madonna : Fan times. What did you expect? I rediscovered "I'm Going To Tell You A Secret". This live album marks a near perfect mix of her music through (at least) 2 decades in a coherent production. I can't tell you enough how much I wished that the whole setlist of the Reinvention Tour would be available like this.
Most played tracks:
  • Normandie - Believe : After "Collide" and "Awakening" this is the next tune, that makes it on my heavy rotation.

News?
█ Justin Bieber's world tour continues and he was already joined on stage by Akon, Usher and Ludacris - on selected dates, of course. I watched some footage on YouTube and thought, that he does not really seem to like touring. But maybe I'm wrong and the solemn attitude is part of the show. Anyway... I really dislike the announcer shouts, though.
█ "Boys & Girls" is the name of the comeback single by will.i.am - featuring Britn... uhm, Pia Mia. Another dull song - with a generic music video. 
█ Taylor Swift's 1989 era is over. Her music video for "New Romantics" (a bonus track) captures lots of tour footage. It actually makes me watch a concert film, that will inevitably be released soon.
█ Oh, Lena not only has a new video - it's also for a remix. The so-called Madizin Mix of "Beat To My Melody" could easily be mistaken for a new Ellie Goulding tune. So is imitation the new innovation? Idk. But tbh Lena has sounded worse. :P
But wait, there's more... also a "Dayne S Remix" can be found on YouTube. This time the sound scheme is more reminiscent of Justin Bieber. What a strategy! Instead of releasing a new single, she just makes it a few... 
█ Very sad news come from Roxette. Marie's health condition keeps her from touring. So all the summer tour dates were cancelled.
█ AC/DC confirmed that Axl Rose (of all people) will replace Brian Johnson in upcoming shows.

New in the German charts:
no (real) changes among the top ten  -.-

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen