Montag, 4. April 2016

The Pop Kids (#417)

Hi,
it's April already. I can't remember those days when time didn't use to be so rare. :/ Anyway...
Last week in covers:
Noteworthy:
  • Lady Gaga : Did I ever tell you that I find "ARTPOP" very underrated? :P Even that odd hip-hop track "Jewels & Drugs" grew on me.
  • Adele : Flashback times. Oh, what great a track like "Set Fire To The Rain" is. But tbh Adele rarely convinces me from an album point of view - and that includes "21".
  • Avril Lavigne : Yes, I've listened to "Alice", a song that (to me) like the film is very underwhelming.
  • The Dandy Warhols : New album alert. "Distortland" left me quite unimpressed. In fact some songs seem very boring.
Most played artists:
  • Pet Shop Boys : New album alert. "Super" is okay, but I expected more.
  • Hein Cooper : New album alert. "The Art Of Escape" features some nice indie songs.
  • Killerpilze : I'm still trying to get my head around their latest album "High".
Most played tracks:
  • Pet Shop Boys - The Pop Kids : I've listened to b-side tracks and remixes. And yes, the original version did grow on me a bit - especially due to the melancholic context. A live version on a British TV show did not really convince me, though.

News?
█ Avicii announced his "end" - at least as Avicii. Maybe there'll be a new album later this year, but no further live concerts after August.
█ Nick Jonas & Tove Lo did a video for their new song "Close To You".
█ Tom Odell released the pre-single for his new album, which will come out in June. Both titles are "Wrong Crowd".


New in the German charts:
nothing to highlight here


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen