Montag, 25. April 2016

One Dance (#420)

Hi,
because of health issues I wasn't able to listen to much new music last week. But anyway, there have been a few scrobbles...
Last week in covers:
Noteworthy:
  • John Mayer : Fan times. Because of Earth Day I was thinking about "Waiting On The World To Change", one of those JM tracks I wish I could write. It's from his phenomenal album "Continuum".
  • The Script : I've listened to my favorite track of "#3", which is "Howl At The Moon". Very mellow...
  • Sarah McLachlan : "Afterglow" is my favorite album by far. Almost perfect.
  • A$AP Ferg : New album alert. I was curious about that one track featuring Missy Elliott. And it sounded cool.
  • Jack Savoretti : Ah, those dreamy tunes of him. Listen to "Between The Minds" - a lovely album.
  • Normandie : I've heard they may be another cover song soon? :P
Most played artists:
  • OK KID : Concert context. I listened to their latest album "Zwei" to be up-to-date regarding a concert here in town. The venue was crowded and the light effects were cool.
  • Drangsal : New album alert. So "Harieschaim" is finally out. I'm still a bit busy to get to know all the songs.
  • OTEP : New album alert. Ooh, what big a package "Generation Doom" is. That lets me take a while to fully embrace the tracks.
Most played tracks:
(nothing to highlight here)

News?
█ She did it again. Beyoncé recently dropped a full album called "Lemonade". One song features The Weeknd.
█ The German album top ten are very depressing these days, because more than 50% is hard to handle for me... including number one.
█ I am planning to see Normandie live in the UK... but so far I wasn't able to find tickets. :/

New in the German charts:
[01] Sia - Cheap Thrills (feat. Sean Paul) : Oh, I certainly did not need that song to take the top spot. :/
[06] Drake - One Dance (feat. Wizkid & Kyla) : Wow, what a debut for a Drake song. The song has a strong pop vibe. But on the other hand there is hardly anything special about it.
[09] The Chainsmokers - Don't Let Me Down (feat. Daya) : Hm, nice drop. Reminds me of Major Lazer. I can't really complain tbh. :P
[10] Ira Istrefi - Bonbon : Oh, a Rihanny rip-off from Albania. At least the "fun" doesn't even last 3 minutes. :P

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen