last week there has been some buzz about an interview guest at the radio station, who wouldn't turn up in the end.
And in other news: I watched "Sing Street" for the second time. Great film!
Last week in covers:
Noteworthy:
- The Temper Trap : New album alert. Hm, I have mixed thoughts about "Thick As Thieves". Maybe I'm not that into their music anymore.
- Peter Bjorn and John : New album alert. I was surprised how catchy "Breakin' Point" starts. Overall it makes a nice indie album for the season.
- Fitz and the Tantrums : New album alert. "Fitz and the Tantrums" is really a bummer for me. After "Out Of My League" I expected way more than just mediocre pop tunes.
- Hustensaft Jüngling : Concert context. I was listening to his latest album "König Hustensaft". And what can I say? Some tracks are nice, actually. But I'm sure it comes with his attitude... and maybe with his youth as well. (#NoFucksGiven)
- Augustines : New album alert. "This Is Your Life" was fun to listen to. So expect me to repeat that.
- Christina Aguilera : I guess it was due to a few recent media news bullets, that I looked at the current music status of this singer. And so I remembered her last album "Lotus" (2012), which has its flaws, but also a few nice tunes. And I still wish there would be an uncensored version of "Your Body".
- Roxette : New album alert. Now that "Good Karma" is officially released and after a few stellar reviews, I took some time to dive into the new tunes. And yes, for a Roxette album it's solid. Compared to other modern records it clearly leaks the wow factor. So yeah, as a fan I'd say it's something for fans.
- Garbage : New album alert. "Strange Little Birds" could not really convince me after a first listening session. Instead I was drawn to their 2012 album "Not Your Kind Of People", which somehow grew on me without noticing.
- Why Sl Know Plug : Concert concert. The artist formerly known as Money Boy gave a show in town. When I heard, that a few friends did really consider attending it, I was eager to join them. The album "All In A Night" is not good. Also the concert was very disappointing, because most of the artist had playback tracks - plus they were wasted on stage... and they continued to drink and smoke. A weird experience.
- Bear's Den - Auld Wives (Radio Edit) : Radio promotion context. Now that's a tune for me. :) I instantly fell for that song.
- The Mispers - Weekend : Recurring haunting tune alert. I can't wait for the next party, when I will be responsible for that track being played.
- The Veronicas - In My Blood : I admit, that I did not expect a new Veronicas single to be as good as this song. Now I can't wait for a trippy music video.
News?
█ Looks like the Backstreet Boys have made a nice comeback last week, when all 5 performed at a model contest in the USA.
█ I have to give credit to Nick Jonas for a new damn fine music video. I'm not sure, if a song like "Bacon" really needs the comparison to a lover, but there's a nice beat in it, though.
█ What's going on with Ariana Grande? Not only did she release "Into You" (with a very cheesy and glossy video), also "Let Me Love You" already got a video treatment - including a Lil Wayne feature. Oh, and I also missed a duet of her and Christina Aguilera (at "The Voice", of course), that I also can't recommend. Nope, not my cup of tea.
█ Selena Gomez's new video "Kill Em With Kindness" basically is a collection of flashing black-and-white shots of her. In other words: boring.
█ The musical "Hamilton" won big at last night's Tony Awards. 11 out of 16 nominations - including "Best Musical". Congratulations.
█ Ha! Mark Forster's new album "Tape" did not reach the top of the album charts. Thanks to Volbeat and congratulations - or should I say "Seal The Deal & Let’s Boogie". :P
New in the German charts:
[01] Kungs vs. Cookin' On 3 Burners - This Girl : Remember my post from May 9? Yeah, I still think that way.
[08] Alle Farben - Please Tell Rosie (feat. YOUNOTUS) : Another one of those soft summer vibe sample hits. *rolleyes*



Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen