Montag, 27. Juni 2016

Recovery (#429)

Hi,
tbh I had a very bad week, so I'll make this entry a short one.
Last week in covers:
Noteworthy:
  • Sarah Jarosz : New album alert. There are several decent mellow songs on "Undercurrent", and that was what I was hoping for.
  • Madonna : Flashback times. I'm actually not that type who usually praises her "Ray Of Light" era. But boy, did she make many things right back then.
  • Bruno Mars : Research context. I was looking for a few funky tunes for a radio show. And this artist came to my mind. Have you heard "Treasure"? I think it's a funky song.
Most played artists:
  • Cash Cash : New album alert. In case you like David Guetta or Calvin Harris, "Blood, Sweat & Three Years" is your album to listen to.
  • Broods : New album alert. "Concious" features nice indie pop. I can't say more... except maybe that I like "Recovery" very much.
  • Augustines : Tbh I'm not sure what to think of their new album "This Is Your Life". Some songs are great, but others just don't seem to work.
Most played tracks:
(nothing to highlight here)

News?
█ Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamar performed "Freedom" at the BET Awards 2016. Beyoncé won 5 awards. And there were severy tributes to Prince.
█ Coldplay played a song by Viola Beach at their Glastonbury gig. It was a moving moment.

New in the German charts:
[07] Imany - Don't Be So Shy (Filatov & Karas Remix) : First things first. This track seems to be almost a year old. The vocals are good. And there is a nice and simple music video.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen