last week saw me visiting my home town once more. And it was great to get out of town for a while. Oh, and Summer seems to arrive early this year. (These are sweaty days...)
Last week in covers:
Noteworthy:
- Whitney : New album alert. I can't say that I enjoyed "Light Upon The Lake". It's not my cup of tea.
- Tegan and Sara : New album alert. "Love You To Death" continues the pop course that started with "Closer". Lots of synthies and lyrics about love. Hm, I'm not sure how to rate it tbh.
- Robert Francis : The album "Fire Engine Red" continues to give me a good time.
- Billy : New EP alert. "I'm Not OK" sounds better than the last Tokio Hotel stuff, actually.
- Sing Street : Movie alert. "Sing Street" is a very lovely film about a band called "Sing Street". It's full of 80s nostalgia and maybe the best music-related film I've watched in years.
- Farid Bang : New album alert. Idk why I feel the need to listen to a hip-hop album, that got many bad reviews. And yes, I can't recommend "Blut".
- ANGEL DU$T : New album alert. "Rock The Fuck On Forever" - what a title. 13 Songs in 21 minutes. And it's just fun to listen to.
- Arbeitsgruppe Zukunft : Their album "Viel Schönes dabei" got my attention because of a friend, who really likes the music. Unfortunately I wasn't that amazed.
- The Kills : New album alert. "Ash & Ice" not only has decent cover artwork, it also comes with a relaxed rock vibe on most songs.
- ANGEL DU$T - Toxic Boombox : 90 seconds full of energy. And guess what... there is a melodic chorus, too.
News?
█ Once again hip-hop rules the German album charts - Gzuz & Bonez MC's "High & Hungrig 2" managed to beat "Blut" by Farid Bang.
█ The new Ghostbusters film will have its cover version of the popular theme song (by Ray Parker) - and it comes from Fall Out Boy featuring Missy Elliott. Also Elle King and 5 Seconds Of Summer have contributed songs to the new soundtrack.
█ Britney Spears is about to drop a new single called "Make Me (Oooh)", for which a video is currently in the works. The song has G-Eazy as feature guest and is part of an upcoming album.
New in the German charts:
(nothing to highlight here)



Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen