Montag, 8. August 2016

My Heart (#435)

Hi,
back to business as usual... or at least, I try to get there...
Last week in covers:
Noteworthy:
  • Pet Shop Boys : Fan times. I think it's funny how the song "Inner Sanctum" has grown on me during the last weeks. I can also recommend "Undertow" from the latest album "Super".
  • Cub Sport :  (Relatively) new album alert. Because of new songs for the local radio I came across the single "I'm On Fire", which made me look for the album "This Is Our Vice". And despite the cover artwork I found quite enjoyable indie pop tunes. I will continue getting to know all the tracks.
  • Uplink & O-Kay : Normandie context. Some time ago I've read that Normandie singer Philip Strand has had this feature part, and now I took some time to do a little research. Not only did I find this single, but also a whole bunch of other songs. (Stay tuned for more.)
  • Kasabian : Catchy tune alert. Ah, "eez-eh!" is such a gem in terms of lyrics and beats. I guess this will be one of my all-time favorites.
Most played artists:
  • Arkells : New album alert. The first time I was listening to "Morning Report", I was disappointed because of the amount of voice effects and the lack of catchy indie tunes. The album sounds a lot like pop surprisingly. But after a while I found a few tracks that did convince me a bit - like "My Heart's Always Yours".
  • Philip Strand : Normandie context.
  • Normandie : Fan times.
Most played tracks:
  • Philip Strand - Modern Lovestory : The title song of that solo EP comes off quite bright, compared to older Normandie songs. And the ballads are also very good.
  • Twin Wild - My Heart : New single alert. If I'm correct this comes from a newcomer band from London. With a single like this I get quite curious about upcoming releases.
News?
█ Britney Spears released the video for "Make Me...", which features a lot of objectifying. I think we should get over that in the year 2016. Anyway... she also used Jimmy Kimmel's late night show to promote her upcoming album "Glory".
█ Katy Perry also released a new music video for her single "Rise". Just like the song I also find the video quite underwhelming. I just expected more tbh.

New in the German charts:
[04] Felix Jaehn - Bonfire (feat. ALMA) : Oh no! This one sounds like a mediocre mix of Justin Bieber and Sia. Generic electro pop.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen