Montag, 29. August 2016

Sucker For Pain (#438)

Hi,
I'm sorry, but busy time really do keep me busy. Let's make this quick...
Last week in covers:
Noteworthy:
  • zZz : New album alert. "Juggernaut" now gets a release in Germany. It's not exactly my cup of tea.
  • Slow Down Molasses : Promotion context. I was lucky to check out "100% Sunshine", which will be released this week. The tracks do cover quite a range. My favorite songs are "Flower" and "Moon Queen".
Most played artists:
  • Killerpilze : Promotion context. I managed to get an Interview with the lead singer of the band (Jo). And thus I went through some releases - like "Grell", "Postkarten EP" and "High", of course. It felt good to get such an insight.
  • Frank Ocean : New albumS alert. So I've listened to "Endless" and "Blond". The first one kind of doesn't count, and the second one is a bit weird, if you ask me. But then again... I also wasn't that amazed by "Channel Orange". (There, I said it.) ^^
  • Céline Dion : New album alert. She revived her French discography with the new album "Encore Un Soir". After a first spin I am quite underwhelmed. But I recall those days of "1 Fille & 4 Types" - what a record.
  • Banks & Steelz : New album alert. "Anything But Words" is anything but boring. I really liked the music - every track except the last one.
Most played tracks:
(nothing to highlight)

News?
█ Frank Ocean released a lot. Not only can you listen to 2 new albums - "endLESS" and "Blonde". There is also a new video for "Nikes", which couldn't possibly be weirder. Colorful visuals and quite a lot of skin.
█ Korn announced a new album for October 21 - "The Serenity Of Suffering".
█ If you had to sum up the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards, you could just say two names - Beyoncé and Rihanna. If you don't like either, you would have a hard time watching the show. The first one has won many awards (8) and the second one sang lots of songs.
(Unfortunately I haven't been able to watch the show yet.)

New in the German charts:
[08] Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa & Imagine Dragons with Logic, Ty Dolla $ign & X Ambassadors - Sucker For Pain : Now that's what I would call a feature overkill. And tbh after watching "Suicide Squad" this tune got stuck in my head. But I still don't like it.
[10] Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence : Of course, this one is a cover. Most fans might not even know Simon and Garfunkel. But tbh I expected worse. It's okay.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen