last week I saw a world class rock show - here in my home town. Details below...
Last week in covers:
Noteworthy:
- Messer : New album alert. Tbh I was very disappointed after hearing "Jalousie" for the first time. Most songs just felt meh to me. :/
- Beach Baby : New album alert. "No Mind No Money" features nice indie tunes. My favorite song (so far) is "U R".
- Scott & Charlene's Wedding : New album alert. "Mid Thirties Single Scene" is a great album title... but tbh I expected more.
- Bon Iver : It's still a while until "22, A Million" will be released (and everyone can start figuring out how to pronounce some of the song titles).
- Kyle Gass Band : New album alert. And concert context.I got the chance to interview the KGB before their concert in Rostock. And before that I was lucky to listen to new album "Thundering Herd", which features some great classic rock songs. And don't forget to pay attention to the flute parts.
- Die Höchste Eisenbahn : New album alert. I was truly amazed when I was listening to "Wer bringt mich jetzt zu den Anderen". It makes me thinking about going to their concert. :P
- Von Wegen Lisbeth : Recommendation context. A friend made me check out the album "Grande". It was a good choice, as there are really nice songs on it. And a concert date is coming up soon. :)
- The Slow Show - Ordinary Lives : What a song! This one went straight to my "best of 2016" list. Go check it out. (Can't wait for the album.)
News?
█ The Black Eyed Peas re-recorded her hit song "Where Is The Love". The new version "#whereisthelove (feat. The World) has a lot of guests on it - and most also appear in the video.
█ Die Antwoord released a video for "Banana Brain", which once more shows their unique visual style. However, the song is surprisingly weak.
█ After watching the VMAs I was wondering what happened to the show. Why did Rihanna get so much space... and why was Beyoncé allowed to perform a medley again? The answer has certainly to do with popularity. And also the "hosts" were horrible.
█ As it was expected the new Beginner album "Advanced Chemistry" went to number one on the German album charts. However, the reviews have been divided.
New in the German charts:
[06] The Chainsmokers - Closer (feat. Halsey) : Something something getting older. Well, it's an ordinary pop song - not bad, but not that special as well, if you ask me. What happened to the Halsey I've known from songs like "Ghost"? Hm...



Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen