No time for a big introduction. So let's get to the facts.
Last week in covers:
Noteworthy:
- Killerpilze : Radio promotion context. So I was reminded to finish my interview, which still needed a ton of editing. Of course, that also meant that I would listen to the record "High" once more. Now I can tell for sure, that "Grell" was better. :P
- Still Corners : New album alert. "Dead Blue" is okay. That's all I can say.
- The Slow Show : New album alert. Let me tell you that "Dream Darling" will be added to my list of the best albums of 2016. If you enjoy "Ordinary Lives", you should try the album.
- Apologies, I Have None : I finally found some time to check out their latest album "Pharmacie", which features solid alternative rock songs.
- Rummelsnuff : Concert context. Trust me when I say that you won't hardly find anything similar to this kind of music. I was lucky to have a little chat with the artist. And I'm sure fans should be pleased with his shows.
- Kygo : Promotion context. So there was this ad for a competition, where you could win a trip to Tokyo to see Kygo at a show. I did not take part, because I don't have time for this. But it made me listening to "Cloud Nine"... finally. After a few songs you kind of get the idea behind Kygo's sound. Idk .. maybe I just expected too much.
- The Beauty Of Gemina : Concert context. Thsi band will play a show in town this Friday. So I checked out their latest album "Minor Sun", which is okay.
- How To Dress Well : New album alert. "Care" sounds good. So good that I will listen to it again soon.
- The Weeknd - Starboy (feat. Daft Punk) : Did I expect a new Weeknd song in 2016? No. And this plus the fact it sounds catchy makes such a surprise even more amazing.
█ Lady Gaga's video for "Perfect Illusion" is far from perfect, features at least one of her collaborators and contains a lot of quick cuts.
█ The Weeknd has changed his look a bit - and announced a new album! "Starboy" is set to be released on November 25. (Yay!) The first single is not only the title track, but also a smashing pop/r'n'b song featuring Daft Punk.
█ I saw Clueso's video "Neuanfang", which is better than I expected. In world with lots of bad German pop acts, Clueso still seems to stand out.
New in the German charts:
[09] Philipp Poisel - Erkläre mir die Liebe : My first thought was "Ooh, what a cheesy song title". But tbh the song ain't that bad. And the video just proves the trend about an 80s look.



Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen