oh no, it happened again.
I totally forgot about this journal, because I was busy cutting an interview on Monday.
My discovery phase regarding new music continues...
Last week in covers:
Noteworthy:
- Okta Logue : Research context. Wow, I was amazed of how great their latest album "Diamonds And Despair" sounds. It might be a far stretch, but it reminded me of Pink Floyd.
- The Head And The Heart : New album alert. I've checked out some tracks from "Signs Of Light", which were quite underwhelming.
- RY X : The album "Dawn" was okay.
- Trentemøller : New album alert. "Fixion" sounds dark and also a bit retro. The pre-single "River In Me" is definitely a highlight.
- Anohni : Oh, boy, "Hopelessness" feels quite moody. I'm not sure, if the good lyrics drown in such depressing tunes.
- Big Deal : The album "Say Yes" is okay. :P
- M.I.A. : New album alert. "Aim" has a few great tracks, just like "Matangi" - just without a few edges.
- Die Antwoord : New album alert. I felt disappointed by "Mount Ninji And Da Nice Time Kid" tbh.
- Roosevelt : I'm so into this music these days. And I'm looking forward to see it live.
(nothing to highlight here)
News?
█ Beck's "Wow" has a video now. The album will come out on October 21.
█ Emeli Sandé will release a new album on November 11. "Long Live The Angels" also features her new single "Hurts".
█ Lady Gaga announced her 5th studio album. "Joanna" will come out on October 21. Her single "Perfect Illusions" went to number 31 in the German single charts. And then there's the speculation about her hitting the stage at the next Super Bowl halftime show.
█ Speaking of charts, BONEZ MC & RAF Camora rule in every way - number 1 album "Palmen aus Plastik" plus most of the tracks among the single charts, plus 2 songs among the top 10. Now that is quite an achievement
New in the German charts:
[01] DJ Snake - Let Me Love You (feat.. Justin Bieber) : Wow, a Justin Bieber song at number 1, although it's just a feature. Well, tbh I don't mind the lack of memory about this tune.
[07] BONEZ MC & RAF Camora - Ohne mein Team : Hm, do I hear another 90s sample? Anyway, it's another banger song.
[10] BONEZ MC & RAF Camora - Palmen aus Plastik : Yes, that makes me happy, because it is a deserved success. (featuring a sample of Culture Beat's "Mr Vain")



Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen