Montag, 15. August 2016

The Ocean (#436)

Hi,
although I had some time off last week, I felt very busy. And guess what - being busy could also be the slogan for my upcoming weeks. But now back on topic...
Last week in covers:
Noteworthy:
  • Herbie : Flashback times. I did not know that Herbie is/was a successful producer. I just remembered his 3 singles from is (only?) solo album "Fingers" (1995): "Right Type Of Mood", "I Believe" and "Rainbow Child". And tbh, now that I have heard the album, those kind of were the best songs.
  • Adele : Flashback times. I think it's funny that I like the cover version of "Turning Tables" by Gwyneth Paltrow more than the original version from Adele's album "21".
  • Goo Goo Dolls : Flashback times. If you'd like to try a new motivational anthem, feel free to check out "Keep The Car Running" from "Magnetic".
  • Pet Shop Boys : Fan times. (See previous posts.) ^^
Most played artists:
  • Normandie : Fan times. (See previous posts.)
  • Jake Bugg : I finally found some time to listen to "On My One" once more. Still a great album. One of my gems of 2016.
  • Bear's Den : Speaking of gems. 2016 will always be the year, when I was sort of swimming in their tunes.
Most played tracks:
  • Normandie - Collide (Philip Strand Remix) : Hm, I'm a bit surprised of how much this remix has grown on me.
News?
█ Sophie Ellis-Bextor is back with a new song/video. "Come With Us" sounds very retro. The video could use some more movements, because it once again focuses on her face. The new album is titled "Familia" and comes out on September 16.
█ Tegan and Sara released a new video for "Hang On To The Night", which comes from the designer of BoJack Horseman - Lisa Hanawalt. The animation is okay, if you ask me.
█ Green Day announced a new album. "Revolution Radio" will be released on October 7. The first single is called "Bang Bang" and sounds quite like Green Day.

New in the German charts:
[06] Mike Perry - The Ocean (feat. Shy Martin) : When I first listened to that song, my initial two thoughts were: "sounds nice" and "reminds me of Kygo". :P
[08] DJ Snake - Let Me Love You (feat. Justin Bieber) : Another simple electronic pop song for the season. There's a strong Major Lazer vibe in it, but who says that rip-offs can't be good?
[09] Jonas Blue - Perfect Strangers (feat. JP Cooper) : Uhm, okay, it's starting to get repetitive. Those mainstream EDM pop songs do not differ that much. Or do they? I'm afraid, that soon it will be harder to tell who the artist is.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen