Montag, 23. Januar 2017

Never Give Up (#459)

Hi,

I can't tell you how busy I was last week, because I can hardly believe it myself. I just hope, that things get a bit better next time...

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • Conor Maynard : I was on the way home, when the shuffle gave me "Can't Say No". Ooh, how time went by. Tbh I can't handle that track so well anymore, but there is a nice remix.
  • Anastacia : So I finally found out, what the latest album "A 4 App" is all about. It's a live album with a few known songs and also b-sides. The few tracks I've heard, where very well produced.
  • Jacob Sartorius : Who? See, that's what I thought. But don't worry. You did not miss a thing. Just skip that one.
  • How To Dress Well : Ah, flashback times - in a melancholic context, of course. :)
  • Savage Garden : Hm? Uhm, okay, so there might have been a song by them, too.
  • Frank+Fefe : On the weekend I took some time to listen to the latest episode of their "Alternativlos" podcast.
  • Christina Aguilera : You can say what you want about her "Bionic" era, but that album had some very underrated tracks on it. For instance, try "Birds Of Prey".

Most played artists:

  • Schrottgrenze : New album alert. Now that "Glitzer auf Beton" is finally out, I was lucky enough to listen to it as soon as possible. There are definitely some strong tracks on it. And if things go well, I might have an interview coming up.
  • John Mayer : New EP alert. "The Search For Everything - Wave One" features 3 more new tracks as well as the early single "Love On The Weekend", which still is the strongest song. Tbh maybe I just need some time to get my head around the new tunes. But I can't hide the fact that I was looking for political or more thoughtful songs and not just ballads about love and stuff.

Most played tracks:

[nothing to highlight here]

News?

█ So the next Superbowl Half Time Show will take place soon. And rumors occured, that there won't be any surprise guests this time. It's also certain that Lady Gaga will sing "Bad Romance" at some point. And then there's the possibility of a brand new song.
█ The 43rd People's Choice Awards praised the likes of Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears, when it comes to music. But the album award went to... Blake Shelton of all people. Meh. 
█ The xx have a new number one album in Germany - "I See You" went to the top spot.

New in the German charts:

[08] Sia - Never Give Up : That song comes from the film "Lion" and is produced by Greg Kurstin. At least it doesn't sing her so loud as usual. Actually, it sounds quite nice with the slight Indian influences.
[09] Starley - Call On Me : Hm, tbh, even though I want to give a new artist like her a chance, the song sounds pretty generic.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen